Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Wasn’t it suggested Ford is here to look after the attack, and that Edwards was being primed for Defence?

Head Coach: Murphy
Attack : Ford
Defence: Edwards/Blake/A.N.Other
Forwards: Bakewell
Scrum: Stankovich
Assistant Coach: Deacon
Assistant Coach: Allen

Though I can see how having two vastly experienced coaches under a relatively inexperienced head coach seems unbalanced.

Equally I’m not sure we’ve seen the level of uplift in our forward play from Bakewell that we saw in our Scrum from Boris.
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

Like all things sports, it's the results which will determine what happens.

If we can turn it around and get at least 3 wins and stay up, I can see MF being made DOR and GM staying as HC, with responsibilities being defined clearly (similar to Humphries/Ackermann at Gloucester).
If results don't pick up, but we manage 1 or 2 wins and stay up, maybe we'll look externally.
If the worse was to happen and we faced the drop - god knows.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

When you're on your last roll, who cares how expensive the dice are?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

VernonAtrium wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:09 pm When you're on your last roll, who cares how expensive the dice are?

Now that's pretty blunt. :smt002
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Carver510 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:42 pm Wouldn't the more experienced coach become DOR? I could see that if MF became DOR then GM would become HC, the other way around seems odd to me.
I could be wrong but I dont see Smurf as a coach. Skills declined over 3 years and the backs are not looking great. But apparently the team are behind him and want him to do well, hence an experienced head coach to coach what Smurf needs, whilst he handles the man management side, tactics, selection etc. Bit like Deano.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

The pecking order with coaches shouldn't be a problem at the moment. I would hope the focus is getting as many points as possible before the season ends, to secure the premiership to start with, and restoring some confidence and pride. I think any pecking order between Murphy and Ford isn't necessarily important. We know they can work together, they're old friends, and any success they can muster between them can only enhance both of their careers. I think the future is a lot, lot brighter than it was a couple of weeks ago.
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

Coleshillad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 pm The pecking order with coaches shouldn't be a problem at the moment. I would hope the focus is getting as many points as possible before the season ends, to secure the premiership to start with, and restoring some confidence and pride. I think any pecking order between Murphy and Ford isn't necessarily important. We know they can work together, they're old friends, and any success they can muster between them can only enhance both of their careers. I think the future is a lot, lot brighter than it was a couple of weeks ago.
I agree and I'll be cheering on the lads until the end - the upcoming games are what matters. However, if things are turned around in the next few weeks and the BOD seek to get MF in permanently, roles will need to be defined clearly else it will end badly i.e. Cockerill/Mauger.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Carver510 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 pm
Coleshillad wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 pm The pecking order with coaches shouldn't be a problem at the moment. I would hope the focus is getting as many points as possible before the season ends, to secure the premiership to start with, and restoring some confidence and pride. I think any pecking order between Murphy and Ford isn't necessarily important. We know they can work together, they're old friends, and any success they can muster between them can only enhance both of their careers. I think the future is a lot, lot brighter than it was a couple of weeks ago.
I agree and I'll be cheering on the lads until the end - the upcoming games are what matters. However, if things are turned around in the next few weeks and the BOD seek to get MF in permanently, roles will need to be defined clearly else it will end badly i.e. Cockerill/Mauger.

This.
+1 :smt045