Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Post by ellis9 »

20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm I work 5 days a week but am responding to emails at weekends.
Just think a fully professional club would have the facility for someone to logon remotely and put out an update, even at weekends- especially news as significant as a new senior coach...whatever that is!
I’m quite calm but increasingly exasperated at what I see as amateurism at my club
As do I but I don't expect the club to do the same. They put news out when they see fit, not when you, I or anybody else thinks it should be.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

If they can announce it to the press then surely the club's own website should be updated at the same time.

If that's an issue (to change at the weekend) just delay the announcement until Monday.

Changes had to be made - we are on the edge of relegation and playing the worst rugby of those who are in the mix (Realistically us, Newcastle and Worcester). That last minute loss away at Worcester may haunt us.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

With respect, the journos are always looking for a story and have their sources who can sometimes be very reliable. The fact that MF was seen with Geordan out in Leicester only fuelled speculation. News stories are sometimes sent to journos with an emabargo until a set time.
Personally, it does not bother me when it is announced as it is not going to win any rugby match. The fact that help has been sought and has been put in place can only be seen as a positive to try and get us over the finishing line above 12th place.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

What's Blake going to do for the rest of the season then, play video roulette? Surely Ford coming in over him is the death knell for his second eventful stint with us.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Better late than never. This should have happened before we plunged down the table, at a time when the writing was on the wall.

Glynn getting sacked is as above.

Edwards? Well that's a shame, but hopefully when his current contract runs out, we can bring him in, if he is willing.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Being reported we were looking to bring in Edwards as well as Mike Ford who is going to be running the attack, Edwards is still being targeted next season to run the defence
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm Hugely respected at Bath still? Not according to every single Bath fan I've ever spoken to,still clearing up his toxic mess is a much repeated line.
Oh aye, the squeaky clean white line fever club!
Now don't be sniffy :smt002
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

mol2 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:13 pm
jgriffin wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm Hugely respected at Bath still? Not according to every single Bath fan I've ever spoken to,still clearing up his toxic mess is a much repeated line.
Oh aye, the squeaky clean white line fever club!
Now don't be sniffy :smt002
I heard the dressing room "tune" was Snowblind by Black Sabbath.. :smt002
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Don't knock the guy, before he even gets started for heaven's sake. Let's be fair.,
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 pm Lets just hope it gives us the boost we need to stay up! I don't like it,in fact I hate it,but there already talk of ringfencing being "speeded up" shall we say if we were unfortunate enough to go down. They can't do that you say,can't they? Dont bet against it!
Talk from who? Fans of other clubs I've seen say "If Tigers go down the league will be ring fenced but I've seen nothing mentioned by the media etc.
Does anyone know anything about the initial point that there has been talks "speeded up" around ring fencing? I asked a genuine question but have been ignored.

Cheers
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Wigan Today...

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9685295

Nothing that we didn't know.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’m sure the fact that Murphy and Ford are mates will massively help and there should be no mixed messages and signing from the same hymn sheet.

Ford is a massively experienced coach and I like what he said in his interview. Murphy seems to have a vision for Tigers but maybe lacks some of the technical details in coaching. Hopefully Ford can help in this regard.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It will be interesting to see what impact it might have on selection and game plan.

Geordan may be a bit close to some of the existing team to be strong enough to make the tough calls. Having a senior relative outsider to help him make the changes he needs could see some significant changes happen that might not otherwise have occurred.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I'm gonna put it out there now. Edwards will go to Wasps. Unfinished business and all that. Cheika won't want to come, if he's even been approached. If we stay up, I can see a situation where Geordan is promoted to DoR and Ford is given the Head Coach role.

I'd like to see a new forwards coach brought in, I don't think Bakewell brings a whole bunch to the party. With Ford here, Blake wouldn't need to stick around.

DoR: Geordan Murphy
Head Coach: Mike Ford
Forwards Coach: A. N. Other
Assistant Coach: Brett Deacon
Assistant Coach: Anthony Allen
Scrum Coach: Boris Stankovich
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

Wouldn't the more experienced coach become DOR? I could see that if MF became DOR then GM would become HC, the other way around seems odd to me.