Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Mike Ford is joining/WRU block Edwards bid/Glynn getting sacked

Post by Scott1 »

Hugely respected at Bath still? Not according to every single Bath fan I've ever spoken to,still clearing up his toxic mess is a much repeated line.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm Hugely respected at Bath still? Not according to every single Bath fan I've ever spoken to,still clearing up his toxic mess is a much repeated line.
Oh aye, the squeaky clean white line fever club!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:28 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:59 pm
20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:37 am Absolutely nothing about this on club website today
So we hear about a new coach on the BBC rather than from the club itself. Pathetic
Dude, it’s Sunday.

The press will want to leak/scoop things. In case you missed it, it’s the way they work. :smt001
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/fo ... YymL1Wk4Ws

On there now.
Aye, made poor Gary S come in on a Sunday to announce it! :smt003
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:37 am Absolutely nothing about this on club website today
So we hear about a new coach on the BBC rather than from the club itself. Pathetic
BBC provides a 24hr / 7 days a week news service. Do you work on Sunday?
Get off the club's back and calm down, man!
Semper in excretia
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

I work 5 days a week but am responding to emails at weekends.
Just think a fully professional club would have the facility for someone to logon remotely and put out an update, even at weekends- especially news as significant as a new senior coach...whatever that is!
I’m quite calm but increasingly exasperated at what I see as amateurism at my club
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

We are in a relegation battle, Mike Ford is a hugely experienced coach available and it would seem he and Geordan are happy working together. What's not to like. I'll take anything that sees us finish above 12th.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:00 pm We are in a relegation battle, Mike Ford is a hugely experienced coach available and it would seem he and Geordan are happy working together. What's not to like. I'll take anything that sees us finish above 12th.
:smt038
Semper in excretia
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

What he said!
Robespierre wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:12 pm
chewbacca wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:00 pm We are in a relegation battle, Mike Ford is a hugely experienced coach available and it would seem he and Geordan are happy working together. What's not to like. I'll take anything that sees us finish above 12th.
:smt038
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If this appointment is at GM's request...good.
If its the BOD off their own bat...not great, why not bring in instead of Blake earlier.
If this is a player appointment......truly shocking.

Until the club get a grip of the players we are going to remain in a downward spiral..coaches pick players not the other way round, amateur game maybe, but we a supposedly a professional outfit....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm I work 5 days a week but am responding to emails at weekends.
Just think a fully professional club would have the facility for someone to logon remotely and put out an update, even at weekends- especially news as significant as a new senior coach...whatever that is!
I’m quite calm but increasingly exasperated at what I see as amateurism at my club

Has it not crossed you mind that the press release may have been planned for Monday?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I think it's all really funny! :smt005
If you can't get what you want then get your Dad to try and get it for you! :smt043
The club can't really win, if they try they'll get grief and if they don't they'll get grief, but personally I think Leicester were already well capable of getting a couple of wins from the remaining fixtures to be safe anyway.
If it goes belly up then at least it'll be someone else to blame! :smt043
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 pm Lets just hope it gives us the boost we need to stay up! I don't like it,in fact I hate it,but there already talk of ringfencing being "speeded up" shall we say if we were unfortunate enough to go down. They can't do that you say,can't they? Dont bet against it!
Talk from who? Fans of other clubs I've seen say "If Tigers go down the league will be ring fenced but I've seen nothing mentioned by the media etc.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I think bringing in Mike Ford is a gamble but one worth taking.
Geordan has had too much to do, as did Cockerill but now some of the pressure will be shared.
Doubt if ring fencing will happen but teams that provide a lot of England players then suffer huge injuries need some support. It nearly happened to Sarries last season but then their injuries cleared up!
Exeter is the next game so that is the priority.
Anyone not fully fit, not mentally fit, should not play.
On the George Ford front: I think it was reported on Radio Leicester that he was the only one with a “get out” clause in his contract.
If we are relegated the England boys will be away until about December ( longer if they get injured) so it is going to be a tough start to the season wherever we end up!
What is important is that all of us at Welford Road try to shout ourselves silly from the start of the Exeter game.
Maybe now is the time to show we are the best supporters. Hard but all we can do.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Be nice to get an early try Saturday and get the place rocking. An early try the other way and the game could be over before it's got going. I'm not expecting anything so maybe I'll enjoy it more,the Saints match was one of the worse I've ever been to atmosphere worse.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

20yearsatiger wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm I work 5 days a week but am responding to emails at weekends.
And I fully expect the club were going to release the news on Monday but the national press got wind of it forcing Tigers hand to announce it earlier than planned.

Sometimes it happens like that. It is what it is. Let's.just support whoever we have in place and get to the end of the season with our Premiership status still intact!
Last edited by longlivethecrumbie on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.