Melville comments

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Melville comments

Post by 20yearsatiger »

Anyone else taken aback that Nigel Melville has done interview on BBC today discussing if our top players will leave if relegation happens?
PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING THIS
All season long I've felt that relegation wouldn't happen when push came to shove...but in the last few weeks I've started to think that it might. I cannot see us beating Exeter and Newcastle away then becomes a HUGE game
This could happen people. If you think it couldn't - time to wake up. It could
If only the board could realise this too. Thank you Nigel Melville for putting this 'out there' in a public way as many of us have been doing on here for a while now
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Melville comments

Post by Mark62 »

20yearsatiger wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 pm Anyone else taken aback that Nigel Melville has done interview on BBC today discussing if our top players will leave if relegation happens?
PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING THIS
All season long I've felt that relegation wouldn't happen when push came to shove...but in the last few weeks I've started to think that it might. I cannot see us beating Exeter and Newcastle away then becomes a HUGE game
This could happen people. If you think it couldn't - time to wake up. It could
If only the board could realise this too. Thank you Nigel Melville for putting this 'out there' in a public way as many of us have been doing on here for a while now
There is a possibility no matter how small that 6 members of the last England match day squad could be playing in the championship next season. Imho Melville is right to make a statement
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

completely agree - and my point was that I'm glad that he has. need more to follow so perhaps the BoD will take a bit of notice
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Who would have thought Exeter would survive one season? They didn't even win the league, but beat Bristol in the play offs. Now look at them.

If ever there is a reason for promotion / relegation, this surely says it all. :smt045