Peter Tom article

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Peter Tom article

Post by Big Dai »

Who removed Ellis post? Totally off topic here but I did get a laugh at the "Peter Tom's Keyboard Warrior" Chant suggestion.

PLEASE make it happen! It would cheer dad up no end. He can't get to the games but watches on his big telly.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:47 pm Doesn’t seem to be much reflection there on his own role in our demise. At least he realizes the severity of the situation and is not blasé. Not sure how useful analysis sessions are at 2am in the morning. I guess it makes them feel like they are doing something. I wonder what odds we were at the start of the season to go down.
They just can't win with some people. We had a comment from someone saying that Peter Tom is known to be back home in Jersey 90 minutes after kick off and now we have someone saying that meetings into the early hours probably aren't useful.
That suggestion from someone, Ellis9 must be inventive!. Why would Peter Tom want to go to Jersey in 90 minutes when he does not live there??? :smt017
We must get behind Geordan and the whole team and lift their performance. positives +++++ :smt041
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Ultimately Peter Tom the person responsible for this debacle is you, not the players, not the HC not the man who cuts the grass, it is you.

If you had a shread of decency you would have sacked yourself by now. This is a results led business and the results have been declining year on year for five years now. This is no sudden unexpected trip up, it has been plainly coming for years. You and your fellow board members should ask yourselves whether you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution. I would suggest you are the former. :smt013
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

wormus wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:45 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:47 pm Doesn’t seem to be much reflection there on his own role in our demise. At least he realizes the severity of the situation and is not blasé. Not sure how useful analysis sessions are at 2am in the morning. I guess it makes them feel like they are doing something. I wonder what odds we were at the start of the season to go down.
They just can't win with some people. We had a comment from someone saying that Peter Tom is known to be back home in Jersey 90 minutes after kick off and now we have someone saying that meetings into the early hours probably aren't useful.
That suggestion from someone, Ellis9 must be inventive!. Why would Peter Tom want to go to Jersey in 90 minutes when he does not live there??? :smt017
We must get behind Geordan and the whole team and lift their performance. positives +++++ :smt041
Has he moved then Wormus, as the first comment came from me following an article I read and I’m pretty sure it said Jersey
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Peter Tom still has residency in Jersey.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Strange from my scouring on the web, he made his new home in Guernsey in 2005 and his head office is registered in Jersey?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

As we are getting off topic let’s just say the Channel Islands
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Yorkietiger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 am Ultimately Peter Tom the person responsible for this debacle is you, not the players, not the HC not the man who cuts the grass, it is you.

If you had a shread of decency you would have sacked yourself by now. This is a results led business and the results have been declining year on year for five years now. This is no sudden unexpected trip up, it has been plainly coming for years. You and your fellow board members should ask yourselves whether you are part of the problem rather than part of the solution. I would suggest you are the former. :smt013
This is a results led business and the results have been declining year on year for five years now. Agreed

This is no sudden unexpected trip up, it has been plainly coming for years. Totally disagree about "plainly coming for years". That's basically saying that nothing has been done to try and change things. It's not as if the BoD have done nothing in the last few years. At various times there have been significant changes in coaching staff and, as one would expect, players. You can argue that the changes to the coaching staff were not going to work, once we knew who was chosen and in what role, and have a go at the BoD for their choices. But to say it was plainly coming for years :smt018. What if instead of Mauger being brought in, someone else had been chosen? They might have worked well and we might still be getting to play offs etc.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Guernsey, Jersey, it’s not exactly a long commute! (Even if not on the number 9 bus!!)
sapajo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am Strange from my scouring on the web, he made his new home in Guernsey in 2005 and his head office is registered in Jersey?
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

ourla wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:08 pm Not much in that.

Sometimes I wonder if there is too much analysis.
Cockers used to like the expression “paralysis by analysis”. I know what he means but this expression is missing the point. I don’t think it’s a case of too much or too little analysis. Rather it’s a case of asking the right questions, and then doing whatever analysis it takes to answer those questions.

Interestingly encouraging players to play what is in front of them actually makes the maths harder.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Why are we mentioning where Peter Tom lives? What is the relevance? :smt017
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

Yorkietiger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:37 am Ultimately Peter Tom the person responsible for this debacle is you, not the players, not the HC not the man who cuts the grass, it is you.

Not only has he no shred of decency but he actually boasts that over 99% of shareholders voted for his re-election at the AGM last year! What a total travesty of accountability. Who are these shareholders who can't see the absolute mess he has made of this once-great club. What a stink!
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Complacency.
Decline and fall.
Does the money truly care?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Ok , I hold my hands up, I am one of the shareholders who voted for the re-election of Peter Tom. This "once great club" became a great club under the chairmanship of Peter Tom. Not all of his (and the Boards) decisions have been right, hindsight tells us that, for me sacking Cocker was a big mistake and our current woes stem from that. The Board acted on the advice of its sub team rugby committee, the problem there is that few people really like their boss and in rugby nobody like the boss who tells them their career is over, sub-consciously maybe but what happens when there is a chance to get your own back? However that was all in the past, we the fans demand success on the pitch, the appointment of MOC did not work and he has gone. I truly believe that the appointment of Geordan Murphy could be a great one despite at this time there being little evidence of that due in part to player absences for various reasons.
We are currently recruiting players for next season, the coaching team will have an extended pre-season minus World Cup players, by the time of the next AGM we should be in a position to see if the changes in place are bringing the improvements we all want, if not obviously questions will be asked and answers demanded. I believe that we by that time will be on the way back up and we will continue under the chairmanship of Peter Tom as long as he wants to remain in the role.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

And we aren't in the Championship. :smt025
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.