Players won't leave

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Players won't leave

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:20 pm I understand that. But competition for places is high, such as the wing position. I'd be miffed if I was a winger and May got picked ahead of me whilst he was having a jolly against the semi-professionals in the championship compared to playing European rugby.
As long as EJ is in charge he’ll pick who he wants within the bounds of borders of England! So much is based apparently on how they perform “in camp” anyway.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Zero chance getting selected in Div 2...dream on,
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

fortysix wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 pm Zero chance getting selected in Div 2...dream on,
Why? There’s so little time between RWC and 6N it makes little difference.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

The whole international debate is only one part of a deciding factor for the players. By staying they will have to accept that they would play in the championship for a year and then, assuming we get promoted, play in an uncompetitive side for probably at least another year. Newly promoted teams are rarely above a battle for relegation in the first couple of seasons.
If the players get offers from competitive teams willing to buy their contact out, some will leave and some will stay.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

So Englands' spokesperson has come forward and stated that if Tigers are relegated - the England internationals will not lose their place in the England squad.

Thanks...... Could have left them guessing and waited till season had been dusted. It may have been the carrot to dig deep..
:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

wellstiger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 am So Englands' spokesperson has come forward and stated that if Tigers are relegated - the England internationals will not lose their place in the England squad.

Thanks...... Could have left them guessing and waited till season had been dusted. It may have been the carrot to dig deep..
The only problem with that logic is that if they're guessing the safe guess is to move somewhere else. We've already enough players whose minds are out the door on away to their new club as it is...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Crofty wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:46 pm
wellstiger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 am So Englands' spokesperson has come forward and stated that if Tigers are relegated - the England internationals will not lose their place in the England squad.

The only problem with that logic is that if they're guessing the safe guess is to move somewhere else. We've already enough players whose minds are out the door on away to their new club as it is...
Ditto. :smt013
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Thats total rinse... If we cop relegation, none will get selected --------------AFTER the World Cup !!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:12 pm Thats total rinse... If we cop relegation, none will get selected --------------AFTER the World Cup !!
From which source did you get that information from?

Stick to facts, not wild assumptions :smt018