Brian Moore Article Doom Monger..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Brian Moore Article Doom Monger..

Post by Soggypitch »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 am Brian Moore does not like Leicester, he and the awful Ackford have always voiced their dislike of Tigers and any Tigers player our success irritated them beyond measure so now the Pitbull thinks we are down he is taking the opportunity to stick his boot in. Take no notice of him, I stopped reading the Telegraph because of Ackford's lies and the papers bias against my team which went beyond constructive criticism.
My word John - Ackford must have left the DT 10 years ago, you can hold a grudge! There are some good rugby journalists writing in that paper now, they take the sport very seriously unlike the majority of other rags.

As for Brian Moore, yes sometimes he is irritating, but I agree with Fleabane and Robespierre, he has said nothing wrong in the article and generally just speaks his mind, whether people like it or not.

As for his qualities as a former player, I wish we had him playing for Tigers now, he had exactly the right attitude that we are missing!!!
Soggypitch
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Soggypitch wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:01 am
johnthegriff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 am Brian Moore does not like Leicester, he and the awful Ackford have always voiced their dislike of Tigers and any Tigers player our success irritated them beyond measure so now the Pitbull thinks we are down he is taking the opportunity to stick his boot in. Take no notice of him, I stopped reading the Telegraph because of Ackford's lies and the papers bias against my team which went beyond constructive criticism.
My word John - Ackford must have left the DT 10 years ago, you can hold a grudge! There are some good rugby journalists writing in that paper now, they take the sport very seriously unlike the majority of other rags.

As for Brian Moore, yes sometimes he is irritating, but I agree with Fleabane and Robespierre, he has said nothing wrong in the article and generally just speaks his mind, whether people like it or not.

As for his qualities as a former player, I wish we had him playing for Tigers now, he had exactly the right attitude that we are missing!!!
What's that, inconsistent!
The attitude is an imaginary idea from nostalgic pictures of dirty shirts, in my opinion.
Don't take my word for it watch the 91 WC final.
Having left Notts to move south in 90 and then I think West went to Notts in 91 at hooker and came back to Leicester and then went and won the WC in 03.
It went down rather well!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Bran Moore was a fine player in his day, but writes lousy columns in the D.T.
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

The issue is poor coach/player recruitment and the fact that one person can out vote an entire selection process, coupled with poor coaching support from the management.

It can only be Peter Tom - re-elected at last year's AGM with "over 99%" of the Shareholders' vote. With backing like that, why would he need to listen to the fans?