Are you watching Bath v Exeter:Geordan?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Are you watching Bath v Exeter:Geordan?

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:16 pm Just one question then please,a straight answer no beating around the bush. If Chiefs rugby is so "incredible" why have they only got out the group stages once due to a mathematical error by Parra?
I will if you do the same about Lyon, La Rochelle and Toulouse.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Forget it,what an absolute tool! I'm ashamed to call you a fellow Tigers fan
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What a surprise
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I enjoy watching Exeter but have often wondered how they achieve what they do.
The words I would use are extremely efficient, but are very effective.

Are they beatable yes they are, can we who knows.

As to the European question they just don’t seem to be able to adapt their game plan. Maybe some of their signings next season Hogg etc. Will change that
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:25 pm I enjoy watching Exeter but have often wondered how they achieve what they do.

As to the European question they just don’t seem to be able to adapt their game plan. Maybe some of their signings next season Hogg etc. Will change that
Yes and as you will see in my earlier post, in my opinion, winning rugby is incredible rugby. You seem a sensible person to debate it with so thank you.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 pm Forget it,what an absolute tool! I'm ashamed to call you a fellow Tigers fan
Too much, far too much.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:29 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 pm Forget it,what an absolute tool! I'm ashamed to call you a fellow Tigers fan
Too much, far too much.
It's ok. I actually laughed at that comment. It tells me so many things about him.

No one will ever insult me by what they say. Sticks and stones and all that.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's not too much,the man is a windup merchant who says things for effect and has fell out with multiple posters because of his patronising,condescending,I'm always right attitude! I can't remember him ever getting anything right by the way
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:25 pm I enjoy watching Exeter but have often wondered how they achieve what they do.

Absolutely they can be beaten, but it is going to take a monumental effort from our guys. Chiefs are at a very high high, fastest ever qualification for play-offs, and we are at our lowest ever low huge negative points difference, some feeble performances, lack of cohesiveness and absence of leadership - we are not a team and we've got 2 weeks for these guys to realise that they have to play for each other, for the shirt and for the supporters against a team that will be looking to turn the knife.

Can we do it? Yes absolutely, will we? Like you I'm not entirely convinced at present but I do retain some hope that the gravity of the situation is finally (shown that it is ) realised and our players (and coaches) sort it out, whatever 'it' is and turn in a performance at least.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:35 pm It's not too much,the man is a windup merchant who says things for effect and has fell out with multiple posters because of his patronising,condescending,I'm always right attitude! I can't remember him ever getting anything right by the way
I haven't fallen out with anyone. People may have put me as 'Foe' on here but I haven't fallen out with them or anyone.

Oh I have got so many things right. Other people have got things right too, as you have too. I have got things wrong as well, just like you and just like others.

However, a lot of things are opinions so they can't be wrong.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I don't see anything in Exeter other than the admirable. They are not the finished article, but why would they be with eight seasons of experience in the premiership. It is a remarkable story: 8th, 5th, to three years later Runners Up, Champions, Runners Up, 2018-2019 already in the Play Offs.

Winning the Premiership is not a dress rehearsal for Europe. It is a competition in its own right. I never thought Tigers 'failed' because they only won a Premiership.

Chiefs have had just six seasons of top flight European competition. If in three -five years they are more successful in Europe (Hogg will help), I think that is a record any club in the Premiership would settle for.

They have been humble and built. I admire teams who do the basics brilliantly well, who have an esprit de corps and home grown players. A club I am very fond of used to be admired for exactly the same reasons, until certain individuals at the top of the club were allowed to destroy it. Nothing will change until that is acknowledged and they are shown the door.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Traveller wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:30 pm I don't see anything in Exeter other than the admirable. They are not the finished article, but why would they be with eight seasons of experience in the premiership. It is a remarkable story: 8th, 5th, to three years later Runners Up, Champions, Runners Up, 2018-2019 already in the Play Offs.

Winning the Premiership is not a dress rehearsal for Europe. It is a competition in its own right. I never thought Tigers 'failed' because they only won a Premiership.

Chiefs have had just six seasons of top flight European competition. If in three -five years they are more successful in Europe (Hogg will help), I think that is a record any club in the Premiership would settle for.

They have been humble and built. I admire teams who do the basics brilliantly well, who have an esprit de corps and home grown players. A club I am very fond of used to be admired for exactly the same reasons, until certain individuals at the top of the club were allowed to destroy it. Nothing will change until that is acknowledged and they are shown the door.
Totally agree.
I'm not cynical just experienced
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Exeter have that big pack, not too dissimilar from Leicester just with more firepower and more well drilled but given Leicester's recent self harm issues in recruitment and coaching that's no surprise.
Exeter look like they are trying to add some extra firepower in the backs and expand their threats and opposition defence's with it which I turn could open European opposition up a bit more for Exeter all round.
It is probably where they have fallen short in Europe and not too far off how Sarries developed their game to compete in Europe over time.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:19 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:16 pm Just one question then please,a straight answer no beating around the bush. If Chiefs rugby is so "incredible" why have they only got out the group stages once due to a mathematical error by Parra?
I will if you do the same about Lyon, La Rochelle and Toulouse.
Come on boys, play nicely.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

They don't seem to get on, do they? I guess that is life though, but it's sad to see it on here. We need constructive criticism or just banter. :smt045