Are you watching Bath v Exeter:Geordan?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are you watching Bath v Exeter:Geordan?

Post by Ian Cant »

Ok. Only minutes gone but Bath aren’t kicking the ball back to Exeter and should be 10-0 up but for dropping the ball with defence split.
Against Exeter only the fittest forwards should be picked and certainly the players that are staying!
There is enough talent and spirit in the squad but the reality is we need back to back wins then a third might come.
Heads cannot go down and that is a worry as they did v Saints after 20 minutes whereas both Worcester and Newcastle went behind and then fought back.
Beat Exeter and more teams will be dragged into the relegation battle.

No cheap talk either as I, like many others are fed up with hearing how we are going to put things right: just bl— — dy do the talking on the pitch.
Bath run the ball back again and go 10-3 up.
Come on Geordan and Tigers: keep hold of the ball instead of so much kicking. Use the backs we have instead of booting the ball away.
If Tigers don’t do this then I fear, like last season teams will beat us including Newcastle and Bristol.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Are you watching Bath v Exeter Geordan

Post by Mark62 »

I agree totally with you as well as applauding your effort of making a post without mentioning Richard Cockerill
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Are you watching Bath v Exeter:Geordan?

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Just to try and inject a bit of positivity, it's also just a cracking game to watch.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:34 pm Just to try and inject a bit of positivity, it's also just a cracking game to watch.
Both sides looking to play and one back row isn’t being allowed to slow the other sides ball down by the ref
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

This isn't the way we want to play though is it? We wanted to move away from Tigers style (now Exeter's style) as that was boring. Apparently.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Forget this,get on R92 v Bordeaux!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I flicked over for 30 seconds. Flat atmosphere, fake pitch and quite frankly, not the Premiership.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

But miles better rugby,night and day! Some world class back play
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

In what way?

I think the way Exeter are playing is fantastic.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Have you been watching the game?! Forget the French international team which is a farce, R92, Toulouse,Clermont,Lyon,La Rochelle play some incredible stuff!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:34 pm Have you been watching the game?! Forget the French international team which is a farce, R92, Toulouse,Clermont,Lyon,La Rochelle play some incredible stuff!
Exeter have been playing incredible stuff.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Are they? That will be a first :smt005 mauling? Multiphase? I watch all 3 big leagues,don't count the PRO14 because it's just a vehicle for either international or European rugby and have to say although I'm invested in the GP because of Tigers and the league produces the most emotion,passion,atmosphere etc as a purist the GP is the third best with the Top14 and SR on par. Of course all 3 leagues have stinkers but their best games beat ours for pace,skills and intensity.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:41 pm Are they? That will be a first :smt005 mauling? Multiphase? I watch all 3 big leagues,don't count the PRO14 because it's just a vehicle for either international or European rugby and have to say although I'm invested in the GP because of Tigers and the league produces the most emotion,passion,atmosphere etc as a purist the GP is the third best with the Top14 and SR on par. Of course all 3 leagues have stinkers but their best games beat ours for pace,skills and intensity.
It depends what you class as incredible rugby.

What you're talking about is pretty, easy on the eye rugby.

If you're a purist, the way Exeter play would excite you.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not necessarily,a purists view can take many forms. But if you put the four best teams of each league in one league I wouldn't put a tenner on an English team to win it even if you give me 100/1 odds put it that way.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Anyway,looking at the score I see a wailing coming in a fortnights time!