5 games to pull that rabbit out of the hat!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: 5 games to pull that rabbit out of the hat!

Post by mol2 »

Blaming the England players is to miss the point.

Our problems are with the second and back row forwards, with the exception of Guy Thompson are collectively the worst in the Premiership. The second rows only seem to act as line out jumpers and the flankers as line out options. In the loose they are way off the pace.

Our captain is such a great leader he holds a current Scotland international out of the starting line out. Not much sign of that so the conclusion is Scotland’s hooking options must be appalling.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:06 am £25K per England game, seems to be a bigger motivator than a premiership game.
Absolutely nothing to do with but the sort of comment I would expect from you.

It’s more to do with the playing and training time and the squad gelling.

In response to your ridiculous comment George Ford got paid his £25 k but played his socks off
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Apart from Youngs and May our players have had rest periods.
Scarlets away and then week end between the two blocks of internationals.
Genge and Ford haven’t played much for England either.
I remember thinking v Sarries, the season before last that they would rest players v us. They didn’t because there were still about 6 games to go so played them until their top 2 place was secured.
If we are to survive the next 3 games will decide things so they have to play.
Deano has targeted Newcastle’s home games but got a win away v Wasps without risking 2-3 players including Goneva.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

If we are to pull "that rabbit out of the hat", it needs to be a big fat one.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I’m not sure there’s much in the hat other than a half-chewed carrot. But we live in hope (or hop)
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 pm I’m not sure there’s much in the hat other than a half-chewed carrot. But we live in hope (or hop)
Hope is all we have right now, hope is the last to die!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

mol2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:12 am Blaming the England players is to miss the point.

Our problems are with the second and back row forwards, with the exception of Guy Thompson are collectively the worst in the Premiership. The second rows only seem to act as line out jumpers and the flankers as line out options. In the loose they are way off the pace.

Our captain is such a great leader he holds a current Scotland international out of the starting line out. Not much sign of that so the conclusion is Scotland’s hooking options must be appalling.....
I really like Kerr as a player but his cap was the result of a big injury crisis at hooker for the Scots in their first match.
Not sure he got near the match day squad after that, but he is a really excellent prospect
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 am
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:06 am £25K per England game, seems to be a bigger motivator than a premiership game.

In response to your ridiculous comment George Ford got paid his £25 k but played his socks off
I dont think the England players are to blame in terms of motivation but my wife has been sayjng (many times!!!!) since Friday how it must be difficult to reintegrate so many back into the squad after so long away. Funny thing is Rob Baxter has said the same thing a few times this afternoon. I think my wife should apply for a coaches job at Tigers 😂😂😂😂.
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:18 pm

I dont think the England players are to blame in terms of motivation but my wife has been sayjng (many times!!!!) since Friday how it must be difficult to reintegrate so many back into the squad after so long away. Funny thing is Rob Baxter has said the same thing a few times this afternoon. I think my wife should apply for a coaches job at Tigers 😂😂😂😂.
Did she used to play for us then?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:13 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:18 pm

Did she used to play for us then?
Silly me. She wouldn't qualify would she?
As Good As It Gets
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Looking at the last 5 games, I think if we win 2, we should be safe. Imagine we’ll need to be targeting Bath and Bristol at home. Obviously beating Newcastle away would put us in the driving seat.

The run in looks much more difficult for the other 3 teams in danger. In comparison ours isn’t so bad.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 am Looking at the last 5 games, I think if we win 2, we should be safe. Imagine we’ll need to be targeting Bath and Bristol at home. Obviously beating Newcastle away would put us in the driving seat.

The run in looks much more difficult for the other 3 teams in danger. In comparison ours isn’t so bad.
There's 6 teams in this relegation battle. Check out Wasps final 5 games.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 pm
mol2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:12 am Blaming the England players is to miss the point.

I really like Kerr as a player but his cap was the result of a big injury crisis at hooker for the Scots in their first match.
Not sure he got near the match day squad after that, but he is a really excellent prospect
Yes, his time will come when he is number one. :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:42 am Looking at the last 5 games, I think if we win 2, we should be safe. Imagine we’ll need to be targeting Bath and Bristol at home. Obviously beating Newcastle away would put us in the driving seat.

For Tigers every game is difficult and I am not convinced that our remaining games are comparatively not so bad. Staying up will be down to who has the most points and nothing else.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I think the run-in I'd be most concerned about would be:

Worcs(h); Exeter(a); Saracens(h); Bath(a); Harlequins(h).

That's what faces Wasps.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives