Happy Clappers moved on???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Happy Clappers moved on???

Post by anz3001 »

mol2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:02 am I’m not sure any of us gain pleasure from being proven right.
This thread (and many posts amongst others) suggests otherwise.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

The only thing "clapping" at the moment are my butt cheeks and I ain't happy. :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

wellstiger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:26 pm The only thing "clapping" at the moment are my butt cheeks and I ain't happy. :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
.....and there's an image we never wanted to have imprinted on our minds!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Happy clapper still here... but not feeling it now. I am looking at the positives and the main one I can see is if we get relegated then it’s an away trip to Jersey.... oh and Cornwall and finally, seeing us win a game..
There is never any points for 2nd place...
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 am
mol2 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:02 am I’m not sure any of us gain pleasure from being proven right.
This thread (and many posts amongst others) suggests otherwise.
Spot on comment anz3001
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

The problems seem to have arisen since the departure of Martin Corry, and became even more extreme after the departure of Ed Slater / Mulipola. Or is it just a coincidence? Somehow I don't think so.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

fortysix wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:35 pm Thank heaven the Happy Clappers have seen sense and bogged off.

We are all Tigers supporters, but seeing a Club literally run into the ground by stubborn Board idiots , arrogant fools, and useless coaches is just too much to take.

22,000 of them , bar 100 or so Happy Clappers.
So true!

After being a ST holder for a number of years, and before that a Crumbie regular, I moved to France four years ago, but still attended WR when I was in the UK. Even for me it is awful to see how Tigers have been reduced from the best and proudest club in the northern hemisphere to not even being also rans. I never liked the Happy Clappers blindly seeing nothing wrong, even though the slope down which Tigers were sliding was becoming more and more slippery, and cannot help think that their complacency mirrored the BODs.

I have a choice now of teams to watch, but will never again commit so much to one single team. It is so painful when it is allowed to decline so steeply by those who should be safeguarding it.
Valhalla I am coming!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

And while ever you lot keep purchasing season tickets the BOD will do sweet f#ck all about any of their incompetent cock ups. If you don't give money to a club that's failing you from top to bottom then sooner or later they are going to have to act. So keep putting your money into their pockets and they'll just keep treating you all with the contempt you deserve. And yes the supporters are somewhat responsible for this as they are paying into the :censored: that is happening because they are buying season tickets and enabling a dysfunctional BOD to just carry on as they are. No money into the coffers means the club cannot function and then only then will something will finally be done.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

fleabane wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:44 pm
fortysix wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:35 pm Thank heaven the Happy Clappers have seen sense and bogged off.

We are all Tigers supporters, but seeing a Club literally run into the ground by stubborn Board idiots , arrogant fools, and useless coaches is just too much to take.

22,000 of them , bar 100 or so Happy Clappers.
So true!

After being a ST holder for a number of years, and before that a Crumbie regular, I moved to France four years ago, but still attended WR when I was in the UK. Even for me it is awful to see how Tigers have been reduced from the best and proudest club in the northern hemisphere to not even being also rans. I never liked the Happy Clappers blindly seeing nothing wrong, even though the slope down which Tigers were sliding was becoming more and more slippery, and cannot help think that their complacency mirrored the BODs.

I have a choice now of teams to watch, but will never again commit so much to one single team. It is so painful when it is allowed to decline so steeply by those who should be safeguarding it.
I too, was a season ticket holder on the terrace for many years til I fled to SWFrance in 1999 and try to go to Tigers’ matches whenever I can - home and away. I feel I was fortunate enough to be an st holder during the good times. There is a great difference between now and then as the Tigers in my time expected to win most matches, but over the years other clubs have come on leaps and bounds leaving Tigers in their wake. Sad but true. Which is your nearest team, Fleabane ? Mine is Toulouse but I’ve only been once this season - but three games at Tigers - always the faithful supporter!
Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Toulouse and Castres, but Montauban is closest.
Valhalla I am coming!