Tigers v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by CitizenSmiff »

At the very least it'll be a learning experience, lots of useful data to be had from defending a bazillion phases.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

IMO if the Tigers win this one they will stay up? Lose they will be 'game' for the remaining fixtures home or away. I really can't see the Tigers stopping the 'rollerball' of the Chiefs and even an LBP looks in jeopardy. Maybe MF has found a way and Les Cusworth will be proved right?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Carver510

Post by Carver510 »

If we turn up and have a bit of fizz, I actually think that this could be close and we could sneak it.

It's all about performance to me.

If it's not there, momentum may be difficult to find.

I'll be cheering on the lads!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I hope you’re right ! Can you fix basic defensive alignment, line speed and listening to the referee in 2 weeks ?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I expect zero points but you never know. An early try,a Chiefs yellow ,a couple of poor referees decisions in our favour,we turn up and Chiefs don't and we could sneak a LBP or even a win. Conceded an early try and it will be a TBP win for them by HT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Given the relative positions in the table and recent results, maybe this will be a classic case of the team with 'nothing to lose'........not losing!

Maybe.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:45 pm I expect zero points but you never know. An early try,a Chiefs yellow ,a couple of poor referees decisions in our favour,we turn up and Chiefs don't and we could sneak a LBP or even a win. Conceded an early try and it will be a TBP win for them by HT!
I love the fact that your daughter enjoyed her first match, despite the loss...and wants to go back again ! Brilliant !
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

She loved it! Me,I was miserable haha but enjoyed it more as the game went on. She can't wait for Saturday!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Cordero vs our defence ? It could be a train crash.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yep what i wouldn't give for a fit Tait or Smith in that 12/13 channel!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:02 pm For me, the Exeter and Newcastle games hold the key. Two wins and we will be flying. One win, obviously against Newcastle, is paramount. Two defeats, then our goose is well and truly cooked!

We need this home win to instil more confidence for the Newcastle game, in my opinion. It would be psychologically stimulating to topple Exeter, as a bonus methinks, them being what they are. Any team would have done, but it just happens to be them.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Been around long enough to know that any result is possible. On paper and current form Exeter won’t lose. However, on paper we still have world class players who, though looking tired and out of sorts against what I thought was an excellent Saints performance, have now had two weeks to recover from the 6N, reintegrate into our systems and will be genuinely fired. They will be hurting from the recent media spotlight - if there not then the Championship beckons.

I am optimistic that Exeter at WR can be beaten. We beat them last season by getting among them early on, closing down space quickly and forcing errors. Saints got a result against them more recently by scrapping for everything, taking the kicking points and then taking the couple of opportunities that the backs will only get a few times against this team (Though it helps when you have an in form Dan Biggar!) Personally, I think the scrum will play a key part. Exeter are used to dominating the scrum but we can match them in this area and even cause them problems. Oh yes, and a little sprinkle of luck.

Wildly optimistic - probably. But I will be shouting and cheering for everything on Saturday as I think we actually have a chance.

p.s Please don’t needlessly kick away possession and @@@@@@ the line out.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It helps if the ruck is correctly refereed, if the chiefs superman impersonations at the ruck get whistled that might assist..won't happen though.
Big game for Genge & Cole England wise.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigers1213

Post by Tigers1213 »

Ben Youngs out for the season
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigers1213 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:00 am Ben Youngs out for the season
Your source for this please as he has been seen training with the squad