Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fentiger wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:23 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:22 pm Wells going too,I hope not!
ISTR he recently re-signed! :smt017
if you were him, watching Kitchener play rubbish week in week out and still not getting a start, even after Kitchener was announced as leaving would you be happy or look for a way out?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:28 pm
if you were him, watching Kitchener play rubbish week in week out and still not getting a start, even after Kitchener was announced as leaving would you be happy or look for a way out?
Might depend on whether he has an inkling of who's coming in.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wasn't Wells injured and unavailable this week?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

fentiger wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:35 pm Wasn't Wells injured and unavailable this week?
its not just this week we are talking about though
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/we ... ith-tigers

He did.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Missed tackles. There are two that stick in my mind that both resulted in tries. Tuilagi’s and Toomua’s in the far right corner. Both should have been nailed and bundled into touch. Unforgivable at this level.
Semper in excretia
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I actually thought it was better than many recent performances (read into that what you will!) but put simply, currently our best wouldn’t get close to Exeter at 3rd gear - that’s the reality of it.

The same problems are still there, the same players still produce the same level of performance and those that are clearly good enough start to get frustrated and play loose and off the plan once the wheels start coming off.

I guess there is no point in blaming players for not being good enough but the likes of Williams, Kitchener, Owen etc won’t be missed by me.

The Board have to make (emphasis on have) some good decisions in the Close season to get the club pulling together in the same direction and rebuilding which as I’ve said will take at least 3-4 years barring miracles.

It’s been a decade of gradual decline to this point and if we get decisions wrong in the summer we might not get back to the top for another 10 years we are that far off.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Reading some posts,is relegation such a bad thing? If we survive by the skin of our teeth will the board wake up? I doubt it. Everyone has saw this decline happening and it's not as if they've done anything to arrest the slide. Maybe it's the wake up call that's needed.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'm not confident the current BoD have the capabilities to resolve our issues or have really accepted them.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ignorance and arrogance Chewbacca
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:34 pm I'm not confident the current BoD have the capabilities to resolve our issues or have really accepted them.
Indeed, history would suggest they don’t and won’t
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:23 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:52 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:24 pm

The technicalities of the incident aside, I agree with you, why even bother to hit a tackler who is rolling away!
It's just another Leicester player on the floor and out of the game, pointless stuff, and dangerous!
Atkins made sure he fell back towards the Tigers side before starting to roll away. I presume Youngs saw him landing on the wrong side and made the decided to go steaming in. Player starts to roll away (novelty for Chiefs) and Tom misjudges the clear out and connects with the head. Clear red card. I find it hard to be too critical because too often we're soft at the breakdown and if they are going to fall on the wrong side then they should be smashed just to set a precedent.

It was pretty much standard of our second half display, trying to do the right thing but making a mess of it. There were some positives from the first half but the second half was just a disaster.
The basic laws of human stupidity!
As opposed to let the opposition fall on the wrong side and slow the ball down so that you have no quick ball? The referee can be loose in his application of the laws so the pack should set the standard. Couple of hefty clearouts does the trick, you can't use the boot anymore. This "stupidity" works rather well for the likes of Sarries, Exeter, Munster and Leinster.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Don't necessarily like to single a player out, but Olowofela was awful yesterday.

Thought he had the look of a racehorse about him when he first played... yesterday showed he's not go it 'upstairs' (to be kind I'll add) yet. Absolutely terrible decision making and (as other have said) he never backed his pace once. Maybe he needs to play in a team in form and full of confidence... but at this stage another prospect we've turned into a 'rabbit in the headlights'!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:30 pm Reading some posts,is relegation such a bad thing? If we survive by the skin of our teeth will the board wake up? I doubt it. Everyone has saw this decline happening and it's not as if they've done anything to arrest the slide. Maybe it's the wake up call that's needed.
It very much is a bad thing if they do bring in ring fencing for the premiership next season as we will be outside that fencing looking in
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Relegated and ring fenced out of the premiership. Nice bit of development real estate next to a hotel?
I'm not cynical just experienced