Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by TigerCam »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:43 pm
TigerCam wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:42 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm Jordan definitely needs to get rid of that junior rugby white line fever and get his head up,butchered two tries for me
He needs to play what is in front of him. There were chances and passes that he should have been aware of but he is young and talented and as long as the Tigers can keep him; he will be just fine?
With a ? at the end you don't seem sure....

I'm not
It is a rhetorical question.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

MrPartridge wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:20 pm Don't necessarily like to single a player out, but Olowofela was awful yesterday.

Thought he had the look of a racehorse about him when he first played... yesterday showed he's not go it 'upstairs' (to be kind I'll add) yet. Absolutely terrible decision making and (as other have said) he never backed his pace once. Maybe he needs to play in a team in form and full of confidence... but at this stage another prospect we've turned into a 'rabbit in the headlights'!
It was always likely, they were much bigger than most other backs as juniors and didn't need to develop any rugby nous whatsoever to be noticed.
You go with what the pro's say but I could see it coming a mile off.
Five years ago other clubs were taking 16 year olds with superior footwork potential to combat the lack of space whilst Leicester were taking big and tall bearded Bill's.
What we see now on the pitch is the result of a complete lack of forward thinking.
The only one they got right was Umaga and they let him go.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not a chance they ringfence without us. CVC arnt stupid,we bring too much to the table. Besides it has to be approved by all 13 shareholders
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

What has Umaga done exactly since he's left?! :smt017
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:19 am What has Umaga done exactly since he's left?! :smt017
It's not what he has done, it's what he will do.
This is a serious conversation to be had in several years time.
He will be better than Cipriani in my opinion.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I dont see it,hes suffering a bit from second season syndrome but Marcus Smith is by far the better prospect,imo of course.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:46 am I dont see it,hes suffering a bit from second season syndrome but Marcus Smith is by far the better prospect,imo of course.
Time will tell won't it, I'll be the one saying I told you so!
Watch the recent Premiership Shield highlights, I was at that game and can tell you there was a lot more to see in kicking and tactical team nous etc, Umaga doesn't just do the flashy bits, he also does the simple stuff extremely well!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'll keep an eye out for him in future but the AP is a big step up. Good luck to him!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 am
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:43 pm
TigerCam wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:42 pm

He needs to play what is in front of him. There were chances and passes that he should have been aware of but he is young and talented and as long as the Tigers can keep him; he will be just fine?
With a ? at the end you don't seem sure....

I'm not
It is a rhetorical question.
Very difficult to interpret rhetorical questions on a message board......
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:56 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:46 pm When do the Championship fixtures get announced? Would like to book travel to Jersey :smt044 :smt044
:smt038 :smt038 ...Mrs Flashman is looking forward to that too!! We are so very shocking that if you didn’t smile you would probably end up visiting Switzerland...
So that is what the lanyard is for..
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Just read an article in the Independent about our predicament. It makes very sad reading.

Cohen has been tweeting complaints re the press reporting. He needs to open his eyes to the truth. :smt018 :smt018
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm Cohen has been tweeting complaints re the press reporting. He needs to open his eyes to the truth. :smt018 :smt018
I saw that, very strange. You'd think he'd keep his mouth shut on the issue of head coaches after the whole Worldwide Search fiasco.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:46 pm Cohen has been tweeting complaints re the press reporting. He needs to open his eyes to the truth. :smt018 :smt018
I saw that, very strange. You'd think he'd keep his mouth shut on the issue of head coaches after the whole Worldwide Search fiasco.
Yes, it would appear that he believes he and the rest of the BOD are blameless!