Tigers v Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Chiefs

Post by mol2 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm Jordan definitely needs to get rid of that junior rugby white line fever and get his head up,butchered two tries for me
He’s just not ready for the Premiership.

It’s a good job May didn’t get picked up on the microphone.

Jordan’s only good point I he is fit. For a wing he is too slow and underpowered. Presumably he’ll join Kitchener in the second row!

The attitude from most was better today but the execution was shockingly bad.

Toomua again looks annoyed that he isn’t on gardening leave. An international fly half should understand the basics of playing at full back.
Young’s cost us a bonus point. At l least the props won’t have to carry him for the next few games.

Kitchener and Williams might as well have been in the stands.

Manu cost two tries - a missed tackle and a defence dumb penalty to cost another. At least he played like it mattered.

Eastmond needs a trip to the opticians.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It sure is squeaky bum time now guys!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:12 pm Jordan definitely needs to get rid of that junior rugby white line fever and get his head up,butchered two tries for me
He needs to play what is in front of him. There were chances and passes that he should have been aware of but he is young and talented and as long as the Tigers can keep him; he will be just fine?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:42 pm
He needs to play what is in front of him. There were chances and passes that he should have been aware of but he is young and talented and as long as the Tigers can keep him; he will be just fine?
With a ? at the end you don't seem sure....

I'm not
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 pm Toomua experiment worked and Ford bar one error and a couple of dodgy decisions was superb again
Toomua threw some dodgy passes that let them in for, I believe, two tries he also missed at least one if not two try saving tackles!

Agree. If it wasn't for injury issues i'd say leave Toomua out - head not in it.
Ford was immense, and should be captain!
Sorry that's really bad quoting....Guinness
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:43 pm
TigerCam wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:42 pm
With a ? at the end you don't seem sure....

I'm not
Just looked at the stats Olowofela made 15 runs with the ball, zero passes. Only made 2 tackles as well.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

That second half was possibly the worst I've ever seen by Tigers at WR.

Players in unfamiliar positions, players who clearly don't want to get injured before they join new clubs, a coach who got the gig after 8 straight defeats. We're just a total shambles.

Lose to Newcastle next Friday and we're as good as gone. You can't win games with a back row that can't compete with anyone.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
RothleyTiger56

Post by RothleyTiger56 »

Toomoa had a shocker. Sure, he scored a try but missed tackles for two of their tries. Let him go early. Let’s play those with more commitment.
Tom Youngs is committed but is becoming a liability, not just in terms of erratic lineout throwing. I agree with others. George should now be team captain.
beech

Post by beech »

It is quite unacceptable when the only player chasing a kick through is the hooker. When Chiefs broke through there were always 2 or 3 players upon support. Although the team showed more fight than in the game against Saints the tackling at times was appalling and for an Australian international to miss tackles which lead to tries and to give away two interception passes makes me wonder if his mind is back home waiting for the World Cup.
tf22
ElmbridgeGlaws

Post by ElmbridgeGlaws »

Glaws fan in peace.

I wrote a long message but decided to delete it and give it to you all in short.

Glaws failed to stop the rot post Dean Ryan when they should have had a clear out. They invested heavily in the backs and neglected the forwards. Lack of funding and ambition and we have spent a long time in the lower table.
Ackerman is turning this around finally.

I think you need to look for a decent proven ex forward head coach (not associated with Leicester) and have a massive clear out of the team.
Bring through and trust the academy players and base the team round them, only bringing in experience to guide them.
I don’t know a lot about your board of directors but may be for the good of your club they should stand down.

You are all going to have settle in for the long haul as turning this around is going to take time.
Last edited by ElmbridgeGlaws on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

beech wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:11 pm It is quite unacceptable when the only player chasing a kick through is the hooker.
Yep, kudos to Jake Kerr for that, great effort for the shirt...many could learn.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

1) Tom = not captain
2) Foley = poor ref
3) Jordon = not senior team just yet
4) MW, MT , BOC = minds not with us .... liabilities
5)Kvesic = tackle , still on floor , grabs ball , gets back to feet , not pinged .... repeat ad nauseum - go back to point 1) and 2)
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm Just what did Tom Youngs think he was doing? He should most certainly be stripped of the captaincy Where is the discipline a captain needs.

I am pleased that Kerr must be playing next week, as he deserves his place.
There were 2 very instructive moments for me.

One was just as Chiefs scored a try and Tom Youngs had missed a tackle....he stayed on the floor for a long time with Genge encouraging him to get up, almost even pulling him up; it was as if all motivation had deserted him and Genge was trying to get him going again...quite sad really.

The other was when Ford kicked long towards the end of the match from our 22 and the only player who seemed to he chasing was Kerr; really throwing all into it out on his own....and he caught the Chief's player (Cordero?)who collected the kick. Really good display of the sheer determination we need and what we see from teams like Chiefs.

Two moments capturing 2 different facets of Tigers at the moment.
As Good As It Gets
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Olowefela has had his chances and now needs to leave.

He doesn't pass.
He doesn't see space.
He doesn't run.
He doesn't use his pace.

He stepped in EVERY time yesterday, not once did he trust his pace - and to be honest his pace is all he has.

Toomua just needs to be bought a ticket and told to go - same with TPN - they aren't delivering (okay so one of Toomua's passes did - but the rest meh).

And someone needs to rip the defensive coaches to pieces - to a man we tackled at elbow height upwards yesterday - Exeter's back line were simply too strong to let anything take them out - it was embarrassing to see how many 'tackles' were incomplete and Exeter just kept going.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I think jordon will be good. Yes he needs to learn to make outside breaks and not always come back inside but he does make breaks and breaks tackles. He needs to become more aware of players around him.
I cannot understand how kitchener plays ahead of wells. I cannot understand why kerr doesn't either start or come on much early. He is already a better player than youngs.
I cannot understand why harrison plays ahead of white or Symonds
I cannot understand why Williams plays every game.
I would choose younger players in every one of these instances. I think they are better and if the call is marginal then surely it'd better to get them more experience early and they will improve. Those older players will never get any better and several a leaving anyway