next manager

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: next manager

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Cheika was good for Leinster and Waratahs. Would be good for us IMO.
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 am
Coleshillad wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:55 am
ellis9 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 am The way I see it is, if we were to bring in a DOR, it is basically demoting Murphy or not going to make a difference to how the team perform.

We either have a DOR who does what Cockerill did who picks the team, sets the team up how he wants etc etc in which case Murphy is going back to his old role or we have a DOR in the shape of the David Humphreys at Gloucester mould who has basically taken a back seat since the arrival of Ackermann and probably just looks after contracts, in which case, what's the point?
My point is that I think, because of Tigers position, and lack of noticeable progress over the last few months GM needs a leg up. I don't want to see him sacked, or demoted, at least not until he's been given a fair chance. George Ford, in a consultancy role, cannot make matters worse. It should be formalised with a short term contract to give him a bit of clout. I'm not sure what he wants, but I understand he is available until 2020. His experience could help during the rest of this season, pre-season, and the first half of next season, giving Geordan a breathing space to concentrate on his plans.
George Ford in a consultancy role???? Does that mean Mike Ford getting his boots on again????
I know it was a typo and the sooner he is on board the better - rather him than Cheika
censored about face. I knew what I meant. :smt001
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:02 pm:smt078
I think you’re being a bit too statistical BFG, true O’Connor gave Ringrose his provincial debut, but he gave Olowofela his premiership debut too in the Big Clash last season, but that was for a minute and didn’t use him again.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:42 am Cheika was good for Leinster and Waratahs. Would be good for us IMO.
I'm not sure I'd read much into his time in charge of Aus, rugby there has been on the wane for a while and has many competing options for potential players, added to which they have repeated games against New Zealand.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Coleshillad wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:55 am
ellis9 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 am The way I see it is, if we were to bring in a DOR, it is basically demoting Murphy or not going to make a difference to how the team perform.

We either have a DOR who does what Cockerill did who picks the team, sets the team up how he wants etc etc in which case Murphy is going back to his old role or we have a DOR in the shape of the David Humphreys at Gloucester mould who has basically taken a back seat since the arrival of Ackermann and probably just looks after contracts, in which case, what's the point?
My point is that I think, because of Tigers position, and lack of noticeable progress over the last few months GM needs a leg up. I don't want to see him sacked, or demoted, at least not until he's been given a fair chance. George Ford, in a consultancy role, cannot make matters worse. It should be formalised with a short term contract to give him a bit of clout. I'm not sure what he wants, but I understand he is available until 2020. His experience could help during the rest of this season, pre-season, and the first half of next season, giving Geordan a breathing space to concentrate on his plans.
Well that's your point. Others are suggesting a new DOR.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:40 am Why all the hate for Cheika? He's a bit abrasive but it's not like we're strangers to that after the Cockers era, and he's got a cupboard full of medals. Is there some incident I'm not aware of?
There must surely be an Environmental Protection law in limiting the number of Australians in one team after all they banned Concorde from their homeland on deafening noise & environmental damage.
So sorry Cheika we are over subscribed. Two or three are sufficient. :smt002
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I believe G.M. was selected too soon. He needs time for a learning curve under someone who has quality experience in this role. A couple of more years and he may well be ideal to take control, but he is obviously struggling to cope. Wake up BOD, and look at what is happening. :smt018
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I can't believe anyone is endorsing MoC reign at Leinster! It was a disaster and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

...surprised it took so long for GM to endorse Mike Ford coming on board!!
The BoD, as usual taking the cheapest and easiest option and not being afraid to throw people under the bus. The hope that this will arrest the slide and save the club from relegation is once again, a lucky dip, drawn by people, who have little or no accountability and do not accept any blame for our predicament.
The fact is that Rugby has moved on and we have lived off our past glories, failing to see that other teams had brought a professionalism to their clubs with us stuck doing the same things we were doing years ago.
What will it take to remove this board!!!!!
It needs to happen. Any success would be down to luck as eventually you have to get something right.It is no way to run a club and without forward and knowledgeable thinking board members, we are not going to get anywhere soon!!!!!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Redstripeman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:41 am ...surprised it took so long for GM to endorse Mike Ford coming on board!!
The BoD, as usual taking the cheapest and easiest option and not being afraid to throw people under the bus. The hope that this will arrest the slide and save the club from relegation is once again, a lucky dip, drawn by people, who have little or no accountability and do not accept any blame for our predicament.
The fact is that Rugby has moved on and we have lived off our past glories, failing to see that other teams had brought a professionalism to their clubs with us stuck doing the same things we were doing years ago.
It needs to happen. Any success would be down to luck as eventually you have to get something right.It is no way to run a club and without forward and knowledgeable thinking board members, we are not going to get anywhere soon!!!!!!
How do you know the board made this decision?

I reckon Murphy made the decision to bring Ford in.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:52 am
Redstripeman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:41 am ...surprised it took so long for GM to endorse Mike Ford coming on board!!
How do you know the board made this decision?

I reckon Murphy made the decision to bring Ford in.
I don't care who brought him in, I just hope he is being paid on a win only basis
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:09 pm I can't believe anyone is endorsing MoC reign at Leinster! It was a disaster and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
He wasn't as good at Leicester first time round either. My Kiwi informant said the forwards used to deliberately mess up his u12s attack formations to see him blow his stack; also that Flood was barely on speaking terms much of the time.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:09 pm I can't believe anyone is endorsing MoC reign at Leinster! It was a disaster and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
He wasn't as good at Leicester first time round either. My Kiwi informant said the forwards used to deliberately mess up his u12s attack formations to see him blow his stack; also that Flood was barely on speaking terms much of the time.
MOC was one of those as good as the players provided coaches in my opinion, and as soon as O'Driscoll retired it was going downhill.
Schmidt was very fortunate to have the next batch of players ready to come through and has been shown up a bit in this years six nations with Ireland, he and Farrell have managed to take them backwards.
Lancaster is just working off the back of things with Leinster.
None are anything special, cone collectors, names who look good off the good foundation work done by others in my opinion.
There are similarities at Leicester in that once that core group of players from a golden era retired then it went downhill and when I debate this with mates about Cockers this is their big gripe which I get, but my counter argument is that since his departure his motivation which was the biggest driving force holding it together has completely gone, to which they reply that we had enough pummelings during his time to see it was already going before he did!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

The thing that baffles me most is that we KNEW he wasn't any good after two goes with us and watching him get almost literally chased out of Dublin, but we still gave him the whole pre season and first game before shipping him on. The logic of that one still astounds me.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:49 pm
The thing that baffles me most is that we KNEW he wasn't any good after two goes with us and watching him get almost literally chased out of Dublin, but we still gave him the whole pre season and first game before shipping him on. The logic of that one still astounds me.

The logic here at Leicester has been absent across the board this season, I'm sorry to say.