Relegation / How to avoid Relegation?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Relegation / How to avoid Relegation?

Post by Coops »

We'll avoid relegation.

The quick and dirty predictions I've just done have clubs picking up the following points from the final 5 rounds:

Saracens - 22 points
Exeter - 18 points
Gloucester - 17 points
Northampton - 17 points
Leicester - 13 points
Sale - 11 points
Bath - 11 points
Wasps - 9 points
Harlequins - 7 points
Bristol - 7 points
Worcester - 7 points
Newcastle - 6 points

Our points come from: Win vs Newcastle (4), Win vs Bristol (4), LBP vs Harlequins (1), Win vs Bath (4)

Thus, our position and points after each of the next 5 rounds are:

Wk 18 34 points 10th
Wk 19 38 points 9th
Wk 20 42 points 9th
Wk 21 43 points 8th
Wk 22 47 points 8th

Could be right, could be wrong, could be a load of tosh. Some of the other teams scoring may be wrong but happy to share if anyone wants to see it.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Peter Tom is often at the ground hours before kick-off and I have seen him heading for the dressing rooms, I read that he can be home in ninety minutes following the final whistle but I don't know that he is, and even if he is what affect that has on the outcome of the match just played. I do know that the three Board members that are executives of the club work hard and put in many extra hours and often mix with the fans informally. Ben Kay obviously has a job that keeps him away from Welford Rd on many match days, but Rory Underwood is at most matches home and away and I have seen him at Oval Park on occasion. Other Board members are less visible but that is not to say they are not attending matches they are probably in bars that have the good sense not to let me in.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

WiggoTiger wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:48 pm There is now a real possibility of my proud club being relegated. I cannot see us winning another game this season, we will lose heavily to Exeter, struggle at Newcastle and Quins away and lose to Bath and Bristol.
I'm ready to hit the panic button :smt022 :smt013
We MUST beat Newcastle at any cost
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:53 pm Peter Tom is often at the ground hours before kick-off and I have seen him heading for the dressing rooms, I read that he can be home in ninety minutes following the final whistle but I don't know that he is, and even if he is what affect that has on the outcome of the match just played. I do know that the three Board members that are executives of the club work hard and put in many extra hours and often mix with the fans informally. Ben Kay obviously has a job that keeps him away from Welford Rd on many match days, but Rory Underwood is at most matches home and away and I have seen him at Oval Park on occasion. Other Board members are less visible but that is not to say they are not attending matches they are probably in bars that have the good sense not to let me in.
Thanks John and is good to hear. You’re probably right that it doesn’t make much difference to the playing side but I always think it’s good to see the top Man mixing with us mere mortals.
Tony Rowe was on the Exeter bench again yesterday at the end of the match.
Not everyone’s cup of tea I just think it shows unity within the club
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:04 pm Spot on! Ignorant,arrogant clueless board living on past glories imo with a "we are Leicester we will be alright" attitude. We don't have any God given right to be at the top,it has to be earned! Would i take relegation if this board was then dismantled and we rebuilt? Absolutely! But relegation could just be the start of it. The thing that gets me is I'm a working class grafter with zero experience at boardroom level so how come I (and many others) could see this coming a mile off while others couldn't or if they did at least arrest the slide,its farcical if I'm honest!
Thats because your head is not in the sand nor stuck up anywhere else?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Have just seen this quote:

'If your idea of success is just about being ahead of others, you will definitely not explore the full potential of who you are.'

The reason we are where we are in the league is so that we can explore the full potential of who we are! :smt002
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:52 pm Have just seen this quote:

'If your idea of success is just about being ahead of others, you will definitely not explore the full potential of who you are.'

The reason we are where we are in the league is so that we can explore the full potential of who we are! :smt002
Well then, who are we? :smt017
Ilsontiger1725
Tiger Cub

Post by Ilsontiger1725 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:04 pm Spot on! Ignorant,arrogant clueless board living on past glories imo with a "we are Leicester we will be alright" attitude. We don't have any God given right to be at the top,it has to be earned! Would i take relegation if this board was then dismantled and we rebuilt? Absolutely! But relegation could just be the start of it. The thing that gets me is I'm a working class grafter with zero experience at boardroom level so how come I (and many others) could see this coming a mile off while others couldn't or if they did at least arrest the slide,its farcical if I'm honest!
Absolutely - a lethal cocktail of arrogance, complacency and incompetence. Yes, I'd take relegation as well but I'm not sure that the Chairman and BoD would accept responsibility still - they haven't so far. There was absolutely no accountability for the Matt O'Connor appointment and sacking - just another day at the office,
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Coops wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm Our points come from: Win vs Newcastle (4), Win vs Bristol (4), LBP vs Harlequins (1), Win vs Bath (4)
Love the optimism and we've definitely got the firepower on paper, hopefully the lads will use their weekend off to get to know each other again and come out swinging with some sort of actual game plan.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:12 pm
Coops wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:44 pm Our points come from: Win vs Newcastle (4), Win vs Bristol (4), LBP vs Harlequins (1), Win vs Bath (4)
Love the optimism and we've definitely got the firepower on paper, hopefully the lads will use their weekend off to get to know each other again and come out swinging with some sort of actual game plan.
If I'd have put those predictions on here, there'd be a few people telling me we've got no chance.

However, as you say, it's great to see positivity on here.
GeoffNeil

Post by GeoffNeil »

How to avoid relegation, well IMO, accept there is the potential to be relegated, stop wittering on about how top 4 has gone and top 6 being difficult to achieve. Concentrate on getting a couple of wins to stay up, focus peoples minds on what is achievable not something unachievable. Accept the fact that with 3 wins in the last 19 games, this team is not going to challenge for top 6. Concentrate on the biggest problem not a dream.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

GeoffNeil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 am How to avoid relegation, well IMO, accept there is the potential to be relegated, stop wittering on about how top 4 has gone and top 6 being difficult to achieve. Concentrate on getting a couple of wins to stay up, focus peoples minds on what is achievable not something unachievable. Accept the fact that with 3 wins in the last 19 games, this team is not going to challenge for top 6. Concentrate on the biggest problem not a dream.
Forget what we have done in the past, that is history concentrate on the now and the very real possibility of us being relegated, in short stop believing our own hype we are not the team we once were lets concentrate and work on getting back to being great and feared
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 am
CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:12 pm
If I'd have put those predictions on here, there'd be a few people telling me we've got no chance.

However, as you say, it's great to see positivity on here.
You've got to remain positive.

Luckily the teams below us have more difficult run ins than we do.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Coops wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:15 pm Luckily the teams below us have more difficult run ins than we do.
Do they? I'm not seeing it.

Besides which, would you be confident of us beating anyone right now?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

ourla wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:06 pm
Coops wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:15 pm Luckily the teams below us have more difficult run ins than we do.
Do they? I'm not seeing it.

Besides which, would you be confident of us beating anyone right now?
It will come down to who wants it more and currently I don't see our players really wanting it unlike Newcastle at the weekend