How for over the cap can we spend?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AusTiger
Tiger Cub

How for over the cap can we spend?

Post by AusTiger »

I actually thought that Sarries statement was brilliant in response to their overspending (I am still suspicious). In it they state that with 57%? of their squad being homegrown they have a 1.8mil allowance on top of the cap.
What are our stats as far as % goes and what cap allowance does that give us?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How for over the cap can we spend?

Post by Dangerous4 »

Good point.
AusTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by AusTiger »

I had a brief flick through the salary cap summary and it breaks down into 7mil for wages, 600k max in academy player credits in the 1st team and a max of 80k per England player.
Assuming we have all of the academy credits and are getting full value from an equivalent 5 of our 6 England players that would pump us up to £8,080,000. More than most due to our England players.
That additional cheddar hasn't gone too far this year, let's see who these new lads coming in are. Horrible :censored: up front would be my preference.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

AusTiger wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:58 pm I had a brief flick through the salary cap summary and it breaks down into 7mil for wages, 600k max in academy player credits in the 1st team and a max of 80k per England player.
Assuming we have all of the academy credits and are getting full value from an equivalent 5 of our 6 England players that would pump us up to £8,080,000. More than most due to our England players.
That additional cheddar hasn't gone too far this year, let's see who these new lads coming in are. Horrible :censored: up front would be my preference.
A couple of grizzly bears up front would do. :smt002