ARE THERE ANY LAWS IN THE GAME THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: ARE THERE ANY LAWS IN THE GAME THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:05 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:18 pm Crooked put-ins to the scrum are being seemingly overlooked by refs because of a minor law change at the end of 2017 saying that as long as the scrumhalf was on the inside shoulder of the prop he could put it in however he wanted.
That seems a particulary vacuous law change to me; you might as well say he can put it in however he wants as long as a pigeon flies onto the pitch at the same time.
I think there's a precedent dating back to 1604 that says you can't keep putting it in the same way.

Or maybe I'm getting confused............ :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:18 pm Crooked put-ins to the scrum are being seemingly overlooked by refs because of a minor law change at the end of 2017 saying that as long as the scrumhalf was on the inside shoulder of the prop he could put it in however he wanted.
That seems a particulary vacuous law change to me; you might as well say he can put it in however he wants as long as a pigeon flies onto the pitch at the same time.
I think there's a precedent dating back to 1604 that says you can't keep putting it in the same way.

:smt038 No you are not confused. But the players can set aside the 1604 ruling by majority vote and then resubmit the ball to the scrum in exactly the same manner.

I think it is coats time for us
As Good As It Gets
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:51 am
strawclearer wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 pm

:smt038 No you are not confused. But the players can set aside the 1604 ruling by majority vote and then resubmit the ball to the scrum in exactly the same manner.

I think it is coats time for us
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

if a side drives a maul more than 10 metres forward and it then becomes unplayable they should get the put in at the resulting scrum.
enforce the transferring of the ball to the back of the maul, too many tries are being scored by a man with 2 or 3 players behind him driving him over the line.
redefine the forward pass " if the ball doesn't clearly go backwards then its a forward pass".
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

This is an easy one for me - Law Number 1 - every ref has to learn how to apply the rest of the laws correctly, read a dictionary and write out 20 times the definition of the following words - straight, forwards, backwards, deliberate, behind, dangerous, legal and fair, in order to be awarded a whistle to use on grass
Hehehehehehehehe
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:36 am This is an easy one for me - Law Number 1 - every ref has to learn how to apply the rest of the laws correctly, read a dictionary and write out 20 times the definition of the following words - straight, forwards, backwards, deliberate, behind, dangerous, legal and fair, in order to be awarded a whistle to use on grass
What about when they referee at Saracens, Worcester and Newcastle? :smt023
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Only one Law for me ....
Law against Sirs making it up as the game and season goes on.......(Interpretation--------- It's either IS or it AINT) :smt013 :smt013

Sorry make that 2 Laws
TMO replayes to be at full speed - not slow mo :smt035 :smt035 :smt035
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

only question that the referee can ask the tmo re try scoring "try yes or no" . the current situation where a referee can award a try but ask for it to be checked with a question like " can you check if it was grounded on a player" is ridiculous if with no clear view of the grounding whether on the ground or a player the try is awarded. If the question had to be "try yes or no" then the TMO would have to say no clear grounding so no try
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer