LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Post by Scott1 »

If it's true then let him go! It would be ridiculous to have him anywhere the squad for the remainder of the season. I'd rather J.Ford at 15 or Hardwick at 12. At least their hearts would be in it.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

IF confirmed, for me a disaster. Should be playing 12. Quality player.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 pm IF confirmed, for me a disaster. Should be playing 12. Quality player.
Sadly only seen glimpses of him at his best in a Tigers shirt, either ways the club released him early from his contract. With us stuggling for fit players at this perilous time we do not have the luxury to further indulge him, he must now be held to seeing out this season!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

If true let him go and play Hardwick
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Firstly, it's an unsubstantiated rumour.

Secondly, there's a big difference between "I want out" and "I'd like to go early but, if I can't, I totally understand and I'll fully commit when selected" so - it's wrong to criticize without knowing the context.

Thirdly, he has 4 games left to determine whether he leaves with his head held high - or not. It's only a guess on my part but I suspect that might matter to him.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:45 pm Firstly, it's an unsubstantiated rumour.

Secondly, there's a big difference between "I want out" and "I'd like to go early but, if I can't, I totally understand and I'll fully commit when selected" so - it's wrong to criticize without knowing the context.

Thirdly, he has 4 games left to determine whether he leaves with his head held high - or not. It's only a guess on my part but I suspect that might matter to him.
He’s been guff most of the season so if he even asked he isn’t totally committed so why bother keeping him for 4 games?
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:45 pm Firstly, it's an unsubstantiated rumour.

+ 1. Thank the lord for good, logical, rational thinking, and old fashioned common sense. You wouldn’t by any chance be an out of work director of rugby looking for a sizeable challenge?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I got slated on this forum when I criticised Toomua at the start of the season. A marquee signing should have be leading by example, leading the fight. Instead we've had a dilettante fringe player.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Crumblies wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 pm

+ 1. Thank the lord for good, logical, rational thinking, and old fashioned common sense. You wouldn’t by any chance be an out of work director of rugby looking for a sizeable challenge?
No - I'm an out of breath, sizeably-challenged former director. You were close - all the right words but not necessarily in the right order (as Eric said!)
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Not good news when a player want to opt out of his contract early, has the recruitment of Mike Ford been the straw that broke the camels back.
I have posted before that there is an us and them division in the squad with the Youngs, Tuillagis and Fords having the ear of a certain member of the board, also Murphy is not a strong enough to manage the squad with these players dictating tactics and who should be selected.
With Mike Ford now on the coaching staff this will definitely strengthen their hand.
Will the arrival of Mike Ford further split the squad, after all he left a toxic enviourment when he left Bath, not a great appointment.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

BigDan50 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:06 am Not good news when a player want to opt out of his contract early, has the recruitment of Mike Ford been the straw that broke the camels back.
I have posted before that there is an us and them division in the squad with the Youngs, Tuillagis and Fords having the ear of a certain member of the board, also Murphy is not a strong enough to manage the squad with these players dictating tactics and who should be selected.
With Mike Ford now on the coaching staff this will definitely strengthen their hand.
Will the arrival of Mike Ford further split the squad, after all he left a toxic enviourment when he left Bath, not a great appointment.
Or putting two and two together and coming up with 5. We'll never really know....
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Mr Toomua is on Radio Leicester Rugby Show tonight - so let's see what this fuss is all about.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sapajo wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:00 pm
jgriffin wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 pm IF confirmed, for me a disaster. Should be playing 12. Quality player.
Sadly only seen glimpses of him at his best in a Tigers shirt, either ways the club released him early from his contract. With us stuggling for fit players at this perilous time we do not have the luxury to further indulge him, he must now be held to seeing out this season!
It isn't just the player, it's the way the team are playing, it's very loose off the 10 and often very random for the rest of the team who apart from Jonny May don't much suit random.
Given the defensive issues it's got to be Toomua running things from where best suited.
Seen it all before at Bath.
I was a little surprised that Toomua was the one moved to 15 on Saturday and would've thought it better to play J Ford or better move the pacey Jonny May.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thats a good point BFG! Even though individually brilliant is Ford hurting us collectively? It seemed to work more last season off Toomua at 10.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am Thats a good point BFG! Even though individually brilliant is Ford hurting us collectively? It seemed to work more last season off Toomua at 10.
My take on it was that Toomua worked well off Harrison, being given fast ball and time; off Youngs the ball is variable, as is the time. Ford copes regardless.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.