Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Post by JP14 »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:39 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:10 pm Monty Ioane anyone?
Is this something that may be happening, or just a bit of window shopping?
Oh I’m not in the know I just like to offer suggestions.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Bateman out for the season after shoulder surgery; Jonah Holmes struggling with a knee injury.

It doesn't get any better, does it?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:18 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:07 pm It's almost beyond a joke now how we've STILL only got one signing confirmed for next season. If the possibility of relegation is a factor then the club should at least have the stones to say so.
Other than Hairy Queens who else has announced a host of signings. Pretty sure Exeter Saracens and Gloucester haven’t, why do Tigers have to be any different.

Slightly different tack Noel Reid looked good in the 2nd half for Leinster at the weekend, very much a second ball player, but didn’t shirk his defensive duties
Centre options will be very impressive next season, be looking at:

12. Taute, Reid, Eastmond
13. M Tuilagi, EW Viljoen

Great versatility too with Reid being able to cover 10 and Taute 13.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:07 pm It's almost beyond a joke now how we've STILL only got one signing confirmed for next season. If the possibility of relegation is a factor then the club should at least have the stones to say so.
How many more times?! We are doing right by the players that we have signed. They don't want us to announce them yet as they want to show loyalty to their current club and fans.

They will be announced when the club and players are ready, not when moaning people on here demand it.

Tigers have generally always done it this way.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 pm
How many more times?! We are doing right by the players that we have signed. They don't want us to announce them yet as they want to show loyalty to their current club and fans.

They will be announced when the club and players are ready, not when moaning people on here demand it.

This :smt023
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:59 pm

Why are some people in such a hurry to know who we have signed? Patience is a virtue, so it is said. :smt045
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:45 am

Why are some people in such a hurry to know who we have signed? Patience is a virtue, so it is said. :smt045
I’d have thought that was obvious, given we’ve had our worse season in living memory and the players that we’ve got aren’t performing. Fans quite rightly are interested in what sort of quality will be pulling on the shirt next season. I don’t get the loyalty thing. So these players are happy to leave their clubs at the end of the season, but they want to keep it quiet until the end of the season !?! We all know who’s coming, and those club’s fans will know so I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Quins for example have announced all of their signings ...no bother there. What about Will Evans...why was his departure announced a few weeks ago ? What about loyalty !!! It’s all rubbish if you ask me.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:22 am

I’d have thought that was obvious, given we’ve had our worse season in living memory and the players that we’ve got aren’t performing. Fans quite rightly are interested in what sort of quality will be pulling on the shirt next season. I don’t get the loyalty thing. So these players are happy to leave their clubs at the end of the season, but they want to keep it quiet until the end of the season !?! We all know who’s coming, and those club’s fans will know so I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Quins for example have announced all of their signings ...no bother there. What about Will Evans...why was his departure announced a few weeks ago ? What about loyalty !!! It’s all rubbish if you ask me.
Well of course, as that means you can add it to your list of things to moan about.

If, as you say, we already know who we are signing, why do you need the club to announce them?
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:48 pm Bateman out for the season after shoulder surgery; Jonah Holmes struggling with a knee injury.

It doesn't get any better, does it?
With each week its a week closer to the end of the season.

That's better!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Green biting case has been dismissed

https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news ... -dismissal
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Interesting, obviously not enough clear evidence, I’m assuming even Weber wouldn’t bite his own arm
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

happywomble wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 am Green biting case has been dismissed

https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news ... -dismissal
About time the evidence was addressed, as opposed to the accusation standing.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 am

Well of course, as that means you can add it to your list of things to moan about.

If, as you say, we already know who we are signing, why do you need the club to announce them?
Judging by your track record of droning on, I’d say I’ve got a good way to go to get up to your level of moaning !

I just want the club to clarify what we’re all thinking, in terms of new players. An announcement can be used as a boost to the club, like a re-signing. It’s not really that difficult. God knows we need some good news at the moment, although I’m sure you’ll disagree, because you can.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:16 pm
ellis9 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 am

Judging by your track record of droning on, I’d say I’ve got a good way to go to get up to your level of moaning !

I just want the club to clarify what we’re all thinking, in terms of new players. An announcement can be used as a boost to the club, like a re-signing. It’s not really that difficult. God knows we need some good news at the moment, although I’m sure you’ll disagree, because you can.
We all want things in life but we can't have everything can we? People should realise this and not believe things are all about them.

I've explained why the club aren't announcing them.

If we as a club didn't respect players wishes, then you'd be one of the first to moan.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’ve finished and uploaded my Fitzgerald tribute...

https://youtu.be/cKiSDZqDDJo
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni