LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 pm Firstly, Green will be no earthly use to us. Another journeyman

He is an Ex Tiger and that is all that matters.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upandunder »

Just seen it Ellis and yes you are right. Hopefully when eventually announced it will be a pleasant surprise.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fortysix wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 pm Firstly, Green will be no earthly use to us. Another journeyman.

Secondly he was being roundly strangled if you fast frame the video so had every good reason to bite Webber because that was all he could do.
It's been a while since the old "journeyman" insult has been trotted out. Well, if some people are correct, we'll get relegated, all the big names will leave and the decent academy players will be snapped up by other Premiership clubs. We'll need those journeymen then :smt016
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Cagey Tiger" post_id=713611 time=1553590411 user_id=2171]
[quote=fortysix post_id=713598 time=1553551472 user_id=9811]
Firstly, Green will be no earthly use to us. Another journeyman.

Secondly he was being roundly strangled if you fast frame the video so had every good reason to bite Webber because that was all he could do.
[/quote]

It's been a while since the old "journeyman" insult has been trotted out. Well, if some people are correct, we'll get relegated, all the big names will leave and the decent academy players will be snapped up by other Premiership clubs. We'll need those journeymen then :smt016
[/quote]

Calum Green is recognised as one of the top performing locks in the Premiership. For the past few seasons he has consistently been at, or close to, the top of the Opta rankings for lineout takes, steals and for tackles. He was named in last season's Prem team of the season. He has more than 100 appearances for his current club. It is absolute rubbish to label him a 'journeyman'.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:19 pm
Mark62 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Coops wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:10 pm Calum Green cited for allegedly biting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47693577

12 week ban pending if found guilty
Unless the citing officer has different camera angles, the only way I see them finding him guilty is to match the place where his mouth seems to be making contact with the location of the bite on Weber’s arm.
If he did do it no matter what the provocation I’m not sure I want to see him back in a Tigers shirt
Well we wanted enforcers, and Green’s previous record seems to be pretty clean. Plus Webber is known to be a bit of a wind-up merchant.
Some on here want more aggression from the second rows, more mauling and a bit of bite.
Well remember "Beware of the Tiger" https://www.google.com/search?q=do+not+ ... tx=1&fir=w
If Calum Green does get a 12 game week ban then that I presume is carried into the forthcoming season.
Silly man! caught by windup Webber.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Green is a good player and crucially completely off England's radar, he'd be a decent acquisition. An improvement on Kitchener for sure and probably on less money.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

MurphysLaw wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 am
fortysix wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:04 pm Firstly, Green will be no earthly use to us. Another journeyman.

Calum Green is recognised as one of the top performing locks in the Premiership. For the past few seasons he has consistently been at, or close to, the top of the Opta rankings for lineout takes, steals and for tackles. He was named in last season's Prem team of the season. He has more than 100 appearances for his current club. It is absolute rubbish to label him a 'journeyman'.
Only really been watching Green for the last few matches and I'm underwhelmed.

In the last match against Sale Green made 8 tackles, his fellow lock Davidson made 22. Green apparently made 0 metres carrying. In the previous match against Wasps he made 11 tackles but again 0 metres carrying. In the match against Worcester he again made 0 metres carrying.

Not convinced he does enough outside the line out.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Mesulame Dolokoto to Leicester Tigers????? Not sure if this is just a rumour/speculation/guess or a leak
Hehehehehehehehe
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:53 am Mesulame Dolokoto to Leicester Tigers????? Not sure if this is just a rumour/speculation/guess or a leak
Well, you posted it. Perhaps you could say why?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Read it on Newsnow who supplied a link to rugby pass who said 5 Fijians were possibly coming to the premiership/uk - 2 have been announced as confirmed by Edinburgh - so was interested in the last of his suggestions
Hehehehehehehehe
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

drc_007 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 am
MurphysLaw wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:05 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 am

Only really been watching Green for the last few matches and I'm underwhelmed.

In the last match against Sale Green made 8 tackles, his fellow lock Davidson made 22. Green apparently made 0 metres carrying. In the previous match against Wasps he made 11 tackles but again 0 metres carrying. In the match against Worcester he again made 0 metres carrying.

Not convinced he does enough outside the line out.
Yes - once I heard the rumour I made a point of watching him for a couple of games. As I posted at the time - far from convinced.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Another hooker. Would indicate TPN isn’t staying around
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The article doesn't say 5 Fijians were possibly coming to the premiership/uk.

What is does is merely say oh this player would be a good fit for this club. Nothing more.

"We have taken a look at five of the leading players at the Combine and come up with some perfect fits for them in English club rugby."
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

To be honest, I am no fan of Green. Better than Kitchener maybe, but no more.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Daily Mail reports that only George Ford has an escape clause in his contract in the event of relegation. All players would have their salaries reduced by 20% if Tigers go down.
Valhalla I am coming!