LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 6

Post by ellis9 »

upandunder wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:11 am I think we could all do with a lift. If GM knows who are coming, internation and domestic signings then please tell us and hopefully cheer us up.
Even when the incoming players have asked for it not to be announced yet?

Yeah that's great that is! Just annoy them before they've stepped foot in the club!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

What are the chances that 6-8 blokes simultaneously asked for their signing at one of the worlds biggest clubs to be kept under wraps? There's something else going on, of which I can't be alone in suspecting disappointment.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:48 pm What are the chances that 6-8 blokes simultaneously asked for their signing at one of the worlds biggest clubs to be kept under wraps? There's something else going on, of which I can't be alone in suspecting disappointment.
Perhaps our current reputation is taking precedence over our previous reputation as it should and players are having second thoughts.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

My guess is that Clause 11.9b subsection 2 paragraph 3 of the contracts reads something along the lines of 'Thereto and thereof, thereby and therefore art thou, contingent upon the aforementioned 'Club' (Party 1 - as per paragraph PLC 202030045) being representatives of and competing within the Premiership Rugby Competition'.

The club would want that clause in a players contract and so would a player. Which means fat ladies, singing and it ain't being over, last throw of dice and other assorted cliches.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

upandunder wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:11 am I think we could all do with a lift. If GM knows who are coming, internation and domestic signings then please tell us and hopefully cheer us up.

As I have already stated, it could be that some of the "signings" will depend upon whether or not we avoid relegation.

upandunder
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by upandunder »

Here we go again, Ellis you don’t know that.
It was a lighthearted call to cheer us up. No need for the sarky response .
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I think Ellis might know that, and others might also know that but obviously it is for them to say, I could not possibly comment!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Calum Green cited for allegedly biting:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47693577

12 week ban pending if found guilty
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Coops wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:10 pm Calum Green cited for allegedly biting:

Unless the citing officer has different camera angles, the only way I see them finding him guilty is to match the place where his mouth seems to be making contact with the location of the bite on Weber’s arm.
If he did do it no matter what the provocation I’m not sure I want to see him back in a Tigers shirt
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Unless the citing officer has different camera angles, the only way I see them finding him guilty is to match the place where his mouth seems to be making contact with the location of the bite on Weber’s arm.
If he did do it no matter what the provocation I’m not sure I want to see him back in a Tigers shirt
Well we wanted enforcers, and Green’s previous record seems to be pretty clean. Plus Webber is known to be a bit of a wind-up merchant.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Spring is here! Now we need to get on with the spring cleaning.

Mrs. Mop, the cleaner in the offices will be clearing the desks of the B.O.D. Ah, you've done it, well done indeed.
Oh you're off to the coach's office, good for you.Yes, that's right, bin all their boots and other clothing.

Be careful when it comes to the player's kit, as we need to retain some. I'm sure you already know who's going.You do! Well done Mrs, Mop, I knew I could rely on you. :smt007
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:19 pm

Well we wanted enforcers, and Green’s previous record seems to be pretty clean. Plus Webber is known to be a bit of a wind-up merchant.
Biting and tripping should be immediate red cards, in fact they are in the laws of the game. CMK bottled it whether Weber is a wind up merchant or not
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:28 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:19 pm

Biting and tripping should be immediate red cards, in fact they are in the laws of the game. CMK bottled it whether Weber is a wind up merchant or not
CMK showed every sign of a scared man who did not know what to do, constant licking his lips and chewing, he was so relieved that TMO could not see anything clear and obvious. Do they not have a zoom lens?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

upandunder wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:33 pm Here we go again, Ellis you don’t know that.
It was a lighthearted call to cheer us up. No need for the sarky response .
Watch this video from 2 mins and 6 seconds and then tell me I'm wrong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfD9ADgdFQ
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Firstly, Green will be no earthly use to us. Another journeyman.

Secondly he was being roundly strangled if you fast frame the video so had every good reason to bite Webber because that was all he could do.