Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by Mark62 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:16 pm Its a local derby so anything can happen but our back line in particular is a curious mix of world class and distinctly average/unproven.

There have been enough times that the weaker team on paper has won so i'm not saying we won't win but it's not what i'd call a balanced team but hopefully my fears are misplaced!
Strange comment about the backs. Olowefela is an u20 international and SAR has done well in his last 2 games
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MikeR wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm Can't believe that Owen is in the Squad ahead of Hardwick , I would also have picked Simmons ahead of White . Lets hope that the big Fijian wing has a mishap before the game . Saints favourites I think .
The key to playing the big Fijian is to kick over him and as he has the turning circle of an oil tanker, get the back row up to tackle him before he gets any steam up
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

My one worry is Olowofela at 15 against Biggar's high balls. Could be costly...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:13 pm My one worry is Olowofela at 15 against Biggar's high balls. Could be costly...
I get that. Bigger is as good at chasing his own high kicks as anyone.
I would hope that Olowefela has been being peppered with high balls in training all week
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Or will it be May to FB when defending?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

A lot of Biggars kicks do tend to come down in traffic outside the 22 so it is a matter of the nearest player owning the space
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Whoever is playing is, to some extent, irrelevant. Most of the top internationals are back and we are playing our rivals. The correct attitude is what I want to see from the most junior to the most senior player. This is a win at all costs game because of history, because of our position in the table and just because...
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Mark62 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:02 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:16 pm Its a local derby so anything can happen but our back line in particular is a curious mix of world class and distinctly average/unproven.

There have been enough times that the weaker team on paper has won so i'm not saying we won't win but it's not what i'd call a balanced team but hopefully my fears are misplaced!
Strange comment about the backs. Olowefela is an u20 international and SAR has done well in his last 2 games
So that would suggest they are unproven...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Looking at Worth’s injury it looks as though it’s quite nasty and is in hospital, I’m thinking a major ligament tear.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I just hope that the atmosphere isn't flat and all the Tigers fans get behind the 23 and make it as intimidating as possible. I'll be loud (that's normal) - I hope we all are!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:12 pm I just hope that the atmosphere isn't flat and all the Tigers fans get behind the 23 and make it as intimidating as possible. I'll be loud (that's normal) - I hope we all are!
Oh I think we'll be loud!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Agreed. We need to be up forthis as supporters. I too think Biggar will target our backs with high balls. If we keep kicking to them it will be a miserable night. Tigers also need to play for the full 80 and no unnecessary changes if the game is close. Ford, Genge And our squad as a whole have hardly been overplayed since Christmas and there are a couple of blank week ends now.
Come on Tigers.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I find it really fascinating to post so many comments and be ignored. Obviously not in the clique
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 pm I find it really fascinating to post so many comments and be ignored. Obviously not in the clique
Join me in a Remy......I hope!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 pm Whoever is playing is, to some extent, irrelevant. Most of the top internationals are back and we are playing our rivals. The correct attitude is what I want to see from the most junior to the most senior player. This is a win at all costs game because of history, because of our position in the table and just because...
Agreed, the winner will probably come down to who approaches the game with the best attitude and workrate.