Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 pm Just tonight? This is what ,Murphy's 13/14 loss now already?
The worst thing for me tonight was that Saints are a bang average side and were just 3 points above us and we made them look good.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:39 pm He put his body on the line and gave it his all,as did Guy Thompson and Ford played well,the rest largely pathetic! And a truly abysmal captaincy from TY as well as two assists to the wrong team I believe,did he question Barnes abject decisions even once? Two completely dumb errors by Cole and Williams too and our MF was cut open time and time again! Spin please Ellis?
Tom Youngs spoke to Barnes a couple of times. However, it makes no difference, it won't change the refs mind!

You talk about Harrison putting his body on the line, Youngs does this week in, week out.

Oh and by the way, tonight we were pathetic. We made a poor Saints side look good, we missed way too many tackles and god knows why we continue with that awful drift defence.
Bit harsh on Saints, they aren’t a poor side. All my Northampton mates having been saying they’ve been building under Boyd since last season. It all seems to be coming together for them now and they’re a good attacking team confident on the back of the winning the premiership shield.

We seem shot of confidence. The coaching really doesn’t seem up to scratch sadly. We all respect Murphy for what he did as a player but his record as coach speaks for itself. He was hardly any good as skills coach.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm Harrison our only good player tonight,superb!
Really?! What's this fascination with Harrison?

He wasn't very good tonight at all.
I thought Harrison rescued a bit of ruck ball tonight whilst Saints were properly going at the breakdown earlier in the game.
Saints had dropped the pace a bit when White came on and he had a bit more time but he still managed to do a good job of looking clueless.
My diesel has more acceleration!
Last edited by BFG on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:39 pm He put his body on the line and gave it his all,as did Guy Thompson and Ford played well,the rest largely pathetic! And a truly abysmal captaincy from TY as well as two assists to the wrong team I believe,did he question Barnes abject decisions even once? Two completely dumb errors by Cole and Williams too and our MF was cut open time and time again! Spin please Ellis?
Tom Youngs spoke to Barnes a couple of times. However, it makes no difference, it won't change the refs mind!

You talk about Harrison putting his body on the line, Youngs does this week in, week out.

Oh and by the way, tonight we were pathetic. We made a poor Saints side look good, we missed way too many tackles and god knows why we continue with that awful drift defence.
Bit harsh on Saints, they aren’t a poor side. All my Northampton mates having been saying they’ve been building under Boyd since last season. It all seems to be coming together for them now and they’re a good attacking team confident on the back of the winning the premiership shield.

We seem shot of confidence. The coaching really doesn’t seem up to scratch sadly. We all respect Murphy for what he did as a player but his record as coach speaks for itself. He was hardly any good as skills coach.
Can I just remind you that before tonight, they were just 3 points ahead of us. We were/are 10th. They aren't that good.
Tigers1213

Post by Tigers1213 »

I’ll say it again..
GED GLYNN!!!!
Tigers we’re flying until he got involved. 2007,08,09,10,11,12,13 we win the premiership or make the final.
2014 Ged Glynn joins the club as head of rugby operations and no more finals since and it’s got worse every year and will continue to get worse until he leaves the club.
Tonight has nothing to do with how Tom youngs speaks or doesn’t speak to the ref, it’s a result of so much more. The club is a mess and it’s down to him.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tigers1213 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:04 am I’ll say it again..
GED GLYNN!!!!
Tigers we’re flying until he got involved. 2007,08,09,10,11,12,13 we win the premiership or make the final.
2014 Ged Glynn joins the club as head of rugby operations and no more finals since and it’s got worse every year and will continue to get worse until he leaves the club.
Tonight has nothing to do with how Tom youngs speaks or doesn’t speak to the ref, it’s a result of so much more. The club is a mess and it’s down to him.
And those that put him in place?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Utter garbage.

We deserved the result we got.

We have a handful of players worth the name Tigers. Ford head and shoulders above the rest. Bar Ford, Genge, Cole, Manu and May how many of our players would start for other Premiership sides?

Today we couldn't even get to the ball to Manu and May.

We are, on current form the worst side in the league and need a root and branch clear out.
Tigers1213

Post by Tigers1213 »

Excatly my point.... so not garbage is it?!
Your backing up my point.
Who’s fault is it that the squad is so weak.. Ged Glynn the head of rugby operations who’s job it is to assemble the squad!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Please "MAY I have the ball!" Said Jonny. He only touched it twice, no direct pass so he went searching for it, scrum halves run across the pitch or kick it away for the opposition to run with & score.
This was one of the worst performances I have seen in many years. 5 full days of training & players introducing themselves to the coaches & other players. Where is Hardwick? Eastmond & Williams are liabilities. We would even have lost if Saints had played Dom "penalty magnet" Barrow but saw through his skill base & disposed of him. : :smt022
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

That was painful to watch. The “relegation” word was being openly discussed in my part of the stadium. And among very long term fans.

Struggling for positives though I thought both Thompson played well and Ford was excellent (again). Other than that the only ones who seemed to have any energy were our youngsters - I thought White was very good when he came on, really zipping the ball out quickly.

In their defence Genge and Manu looked knackered and the ref had a shocker - if you don’t see the most obvious knock on in rugby history you shouldn’t be on the pitch. But the ref was not the reason we lost.

Though credit has to go to the Saints who, lets be honest, thrashed us in the first half; have to admit Biggar and Reinach are outstanding at the moment and they look very much a team brimming in confidence. I thought their line speed in the first half was excellent.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Definition of Chief Executive Office - Simon Cohen - ‘The top executive for a firm’s overall operations and performance. The leader of the firm, serving as the main link between the boards’ directors and the firm’s various parts or levels, and is held solely responsible for the firm’s success or failure (Business Directory).

Since Cohen was appointed CEO Tigers have finished 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 6th. Or: Runners-Up, Winners, Semi-Final, Semi-Final, Semi-Final, Semi-Final, 6th. Or Points per season 74, 74, 74, 68, 65, 66, 63. This year probably in the 40s. It is a trend, and the trend is one of decline. I make no apologies for challenging Cohen's competence. I was Tigers supporter before he new where Leicester was. Today I continue to give the club my hard earned cash. Cohen as an employee, benefits from my largesse.

Simple question to Cohen and Glynn - on a scale of 0-10 where does your performance sit?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

That bbc propaganda radio show was very well timed in retrospect
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

I thought we were worse tonight than we were in the a Premiership Cup at the Gardens.
Once again, if there are signs of progression I would have no qualms about stumping up for a new season ticket but am I genuinely nervous. 50:50 games are now starting to look 60:40 at best and not in our favour. Others will fight to avoid relegation whilst we appear to rely on ‘we’re Tigers so won’t be relegated’.
I feel it is looming large. Newcastle away is going to be a massive game now. However, I shall be there in hope, hopefully not turning to despair.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 pm Just tonight? This is what ,Murphy's 13/14 loss now already?
Chris Boyd has lost 11 or 12 if you include a Premiership Cup game that was lost.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

anz3001 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:59 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:54 pm I've no idea what is going on at Leicester, to be losing a player with energy such as Evans this week and then told by Cohen that headless chickens like White are important is just baffling, I've given up bothering to try to understand it!
I guess you (and most other supporters) are looking at the here and now. I genuinely believe Cohen is looking at the 2-3 year forecast.
2 to 3 year forecast?? We'll be in the Championship by then!

:censored: you don't play sport to win in 2 to 3 years time!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.