Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Saints

Post by Scott1 »

Very early I know but just wanna mention that I'm taking my 12 year old daughter and it will be her first game! COYT!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BG01

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by BG01 »

It's worth saying there's a chance we'll be putting out a very different team with all the returnees. It's possible we'll see:

1 Genge
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 BOC
8 Thompson
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Eastmond
13 Manu
14 Holmes
15 Worth

16 Kerr
17 Gigena
18 Heyes
19 Wells
20 Evans
21 White
22 Toomua
23 SAR/Sarto/Olowofela
Never believe generalisations
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Not sure O’connor is fit, so it’s Evans to start and F.Tuilagi on the bench for me.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm Not sure O’connor is fit, so it’s Evans to start and F.Tuilagi on the bench for me.

Not Freddie T. There is no way, quite frankly, that he should be in the squad, as he's no way near ready for it yet. :smt009
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm Very early I know but just wanna mention that I'm taking my 12 year old daughter and it will be her first game! COYT!
I'm taking my 36 year old son and, if we don't give Saints a good thumping, it could be his last game!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:50 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm Not sure O’connor is fit, so it’s Evans to start and F.Tuilagi on the bench for me.

Not Freddie T. There is no way, quite frankly, that he should be in the squad, as he's no way near ready for it yet. :smt009
Well we see, personally I believe that Lewis is ahead in the backrow pecking order but in the absense of Kalamafoni Geordan may want some power and bulk.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BG01 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:53 pm It's worth saying there's a chance we'll be putting out a very different team with all the returnees. It's possible we'll see:

1 Genge
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Spencer
5 Kitchener
6 Williams
7 BOC
8 Thompson
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Eastmond
13 Manu
14 Holmes
15 Worth

16 Kerr
17 Gigena
18 Heyes
19 Wells
20 Evans
21 White
22 Toomua
23 SAR/Sarto/Olowofela
Pretty much on mark there injuries permitting
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I know it's a derby but I don't think there's any excuse not to win this one and win it well with Saints playing 5 days earlier. Even though it's only 3 points our situation is more precarious than theirs league wise and I'm hopeful they will play a strong team in the PRC final and target the solitary win they need to guarantee safety elsewhere. (Not saying they will throw the game obviously)
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:47 pm I know it's a derby but I don't think there's any excuse not to win this one and win it well with Saints playing 5 days earlier. Even though it's only 3 points our situation is more precarious than theirs league wise and I'm hopeful they will play a strong team in the PRC final and target the solitary win they need to guarantee safety elsewhere. (Not saying they will throw the game obviously)
Two things.

1. I was under the impression teams couldn't play on a Sunday and then a Friday the week after.

2. If Saints stick to the ethos of the competition, their team on Sunday will be different to Friday. This is probably why they have allowed a team to play on Sunday and then the following Friday.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

1. I'm not sure but England play twice in 5 days in the RWC and Japan did in the last so there can't be WR ruling on it.
2. I get that but the final is at Franklins Gardens,there will be some juggling but I'm sure Boyd will want a trophy early in his tenure. And apart from ourselves and Wasps who has given a fudge about the spirit of the competition?!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I think both their sides will be a mix and match of youth and experience.

Don’t be surprised to see some players playing a part in both games though
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree Mark.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

A convincing Tigers' win would be an ideal springboard to end the season with a flourish and maybe get that 6th spot.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm just interested in guaranteeing safety Robespierre,I'd take 11th if you offered it me!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:13 pm I'm just interested in guaranteeing safety Robespierre,I'd take 11th if you offered it me!
I genuinely believe that a good win against Saints could give Tigers the boost that is desperately needed and secure 11th place😉! However, with a bp win - and why not against our nearest and dearest rivals, 6th would be achievable, don’t you think ?
Semper in excretia