Tigers v Saints

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saints

Post by DaveRave »

Forgot we were playing tonight (not for the first time recently).
Checked the score.
Laughed (not for the first time recently).
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just to add to the farce they allow people to get married at half time.THIS IS A RUGBY CLUB!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

cheltexile wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:28 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm What's Phil Blake been doing with his days, other than checking his accumulators?
It's almost like filling out your coaching team by plucking out the cheapest candidates from a decade old rolodex isn't a sound strategy for building a competitive rugby team.
Don't think you can blame Blake for the lazy defending on show. For the second try BOC is just walking from the breakdown leaving a massive gap for Saints to exploit. If Saints make yards off of first phase when they go wide then they are guaranteed to make yards on second phase because our pack is jogging back and not in position to put any line speed on. Let's not even go there on the missed tackles.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm Just to add to the farce they allow people to get married at half time.THIS IS A RUGBY CLUB!
My thoughts exactly Big Dai, and I care not that this opinion may not be shared.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

I wouldn't mind if it was Tigers marrying style and substance.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:44 pm Just to add to the farce they allow people to get married at half time.THIS IS A RUGBY CLUB!
Another gimmick form the commercial department. How low can you sink for publicity Chris?
Valhalla I am coming!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Reap what you sow, remember?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Exactly, they could have at least waited until the hotel is finished...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

One dimensional, clueless, rudderless, tackling optional it seems. Players don’t want to be on the pitch. Horrendous to watch. Saints on the other hand full of energy, ideas, pacey, physical.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:45 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm What's Phil Blake been doing with his days, other than checking his accumulators?
It's almost like filling out your coaching team by plucking out the cheapest candidates from a decade old rolodex isn't a sound strategy for building a competitive rugby team.

Don't think you can blame Blake for the lazy defending on show
. For the second try BOC is just walking from the breakdown leaving a massive gap for Saints to exploit. If Saints make yards off of first phase when they go wide then they are guaranteed to make yards on second phase because our pack is jogging back and not in position to put any line speed on. Let's not even go there on the missed tackles.

Well, he is the defence coach so....
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Truly pathetic from top to bottom!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Relegation beckons I'm afraid
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

POSTIGER wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Don't think you can blame Blake for the lazy defending on show
. For the second try BOC is just walking from the breakdown leaving a massive gap for Saints to exploit. If Saints make yards off of first phase when they go wide then they are guaranteed to make yards on second phase because our pack is jogging back and not in position to put any line speed on. Let's not even go there on the missed tackles.

Well, he is the defence coach so....
Yes but I'm fairly certain his tactics don't include walking back into the line and giving dumb penalties away. Then there's falling off tackles...

I'm a fan of Tom Youngs but he's a terrible captain. Barnes is having a terrible game and we've not been in his ear once. Not once has he asked any questions s of Barnes decisions and some of them would be embarrassing for a ref at social level.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Got to say Murphy does need to go.
Either that or get in a Gatland at DOR with Murphy to learn under him or something like that.

That being said I can't wait to get rid of some of these players like Williams, Kitchener, O'Connor especially.
Tom, Cohen and Glynn these are the 3 that need getting rid of before anyone else.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:09 pm Got to say Murphy does need to go.
Either that or get in a Gatland at DOR with Murphy to learn under him or something like that.

That being said I can't wait to get rid of some of these players like Williams, Kitchener, O'Connor especially.
Tom, Cohen and Glynn these are the 3 that need getting rid of before anyone else.
Gatland :smt003 like he would want to come to this :censored:.