Could it happen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Could it happen

Post by Scuttle »

I think our defence has improved as has the lineout and even, dare I say it, a bit of driving maul. With our internationals back and a bit more forward momentum from a better defence,set piece, forward play I think we will improve in the closing stages of the season. Where we end up I do not know because we cannot control the games going on around us but I do not think we will be bottom. We need to focus on our own game and if we get that right we will be OK.
As Good As It Gets
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Even presuming that Denton and TV will still be out, along with Kalamafoni on the naughty step. This is a potential side for the next Prem game at home to Saints:

1.Genge 2.Youngs 3.Cole 4.Wells 5.Spencer 6.Williams 7.Evans 8.Thompson
9.Youngs 10.Ford 11.May 12.Toomua 13.Tuilagi 14.Holmes 15.Worth

16.Kerr 17.Bateman 18.Heyes 19.Fitzgerald 20.O'Connor 21.Simmons 22.Eastmond 23.Sarto

There are a lot of returning bodies. Veainu is expected back in April as well which will be a huge boost to a back three that has been disrupted by injuries all season.

Saints (H), Chiefs (H), Falcons (A), Bristol (H), Quins (A), Bath (H)

The performances have been very poor but if a side with that much quality and experience have a 9 point advantage in the table overturned I will be astounded.

Putting my predictions out there I think we will beat Saints, Bristol and Bath at home, along with one win on the road. I don't think they will be eye catching performances, but I think the boost in physicality from Genge and Manu along with much stronger benches will earn a few ugly wins.
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:27 pm Sadly inconsistency every game has cost us very dear this season. Poor use of our kicking strategy and line out ideas have been the two stand out problems.
An earlier post on another thread, was looking forward to the return of the international players, which includes BY. I'm not sure, especially after Saturday, that that'll show a drastic improvement.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

The Northampton game is a must win. It will be as important as any cup final, and should be a true dog fight.