Newcastle win again

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Newcastle win again

Post by BigDan50 »

Making excuses about us having injuries etc, etc, etc is nonsense, all the other teams are in the same position with injuries, we are in this position because the players and coaches are not good enough.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

We're still 7 points off 4th, and 9 points clear of Newcastle.

There are six games left. Whilst a Gloucester win is curtains for us to get into the play offs, 5 points off 5th (and 6th) is immensely doable.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

BigDan50 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:54 am Making excuses about us having injuries etc, etc, etc is nonsense, all the other teams are in the same position with injuries, we are in this position because the players and coaches are not good enough.
I'm afraid the above is right. I watch most of the other televised games over a weekend, as a neutral, and if you take off the rose/green/white spectacles it's obvious that it's the quality of rugby played by Tigers that's got them where they are. Okay, now and again they play a stormer, but the only consistency is in their poor play. Forget the referees, loss of international players and to some degree injuries. It's supposed to be a professional game so the club should be able to deal with it. I don't believe in luck, the buck must stop with the players, coaching staff and BoD. Everybody's got a view as to where the blame lies, it's probably all three. Players don't become poor overnight, so are they not responding to the coaching? Coaches don't become poor overnight either, are they responding to pressures from above? Are the BoD putting the wrong people in place, and/or failing to support them. Wherever the faults are, the brutal truth is the Tigers are where they are because at this period in time, they are not performing.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

The injury list is appalling and 20 good players out can not be dismissed like that as
Just the injury to TV has been catastrophic. A player who many consider to be the best in the country
Denton just starting to fire for us...……………… I could go on.
A life long Tiger
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Smudge wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:54 am The injury list is appalling and 20 good players out can not be dismissed like that as
Just the injury to TV has been catastrophic. A player who many consider to be the best in the country
We had bigger injuries when you wanted Cocker out but it didn't wash with you then, you have certainly changed your tune, it's a shame that you are years too late to sympathise!
Injuries should be no big surprise and especially for those with history, the depth is very weak though and weaker than ever before.
Some of these youngsters are up to it and some aren't, there is a lot of :censored: in defining the two which is really hurting Leicester in my opinion.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Coleshillad wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:32 am
BigDan50 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:54 am Making excuses about us having injuries etc, etc, etc is nonsense, all the other teams are in the same position with injuries, we are in this position because the players and coaches are not good enough.
I'm afraid the above is right. I watch most of the other televised games over a weekend, as a neutral, and if you take off the rose/green/white spectacles it's obvious that it's the quality of rugby played by Tigers that's got them where they are. Okay, now and again they play a stormer, but the only consistency is in their poor play. Forget the referees, loss of international players and to some degree injuries. It's supposed to be a professional game so the club should be able to deal with it. I don't believe in luck, the buck must stop with the players, coaching staff and BoD. Everybody's got a view as to where the blame lies, it's probably all three. Players don't become poor overnight, so are they not responding to the coaching? Coaches don't become poor overnight either, are they responding to pressures from above? Are the BoD putting the wrong people in place, and/or failing to support them. Wherever the faults are, the brutal truth is the Tigers are where they are because at this period in time, they are not performing.
This.
+1
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:31 am
Smudge wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:54 am The injury list is appalling and 20 good players out can not be dismissed like that as
We had bigger injuries when you wanted Cocker out but it didn't wash with you then, you have certainly changed your tune, it's a shame that you are years too late to sympathise!
Injuries should be no big surprise and especially for those with history, the depth is very weak though and weaker than ever before.
Some of these youngsters are up to it and some aren't, there is a lot of :censored: in defining the two which is really hurting Leicester in my opinion.
Yep, bigger injury list, BoD refusing to pay out for better coaches or players, and sacked despite being in 5th.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.