Bath v Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Bath v Sarries

Post by LE18 »

How did Mike Rhodes get away without any form of censure, he spent the whole game high tackling everyone, he shoulder charged another to the head, he lay on the floor pulling the ball back with his hands, he went over the top with hands on the floor.
Whilst Sarries gave away 20+ penalties, he should have been carded for the part he played in all of them. Beggars belief as to what Sarries get away with. :smt017 :smt018
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath v Sarries

Post by WhitecapTiger »

It's not just Sarries but Rhodes last night was a good (bad) example of how officiating varies so much ref to ref and game to game.

For those who didn't see it, the link (found on unoffy) shows Rhodes' shoulder charge to the head at a ruck - Kalamafoni gets red carded (fair enough - aprt from Beaumont's play acting...yes, I think he milked it!) for a similar but lesser example, IMO. Rhodes tucks his arm then drops onto the head/neck of Bath's player. Did the TMO get involved? Was it reviewed on pitch? If so, how on Earth did he stay on the pitch? If not reviewed, why not?

I'm not all about softening the game - just having some parity of treatment across the board - Tigers are getting punished for these kind of offences, why are others not? It's not about making your own luck, that's indefensible from the officials. It's understandable why some think that the officiating is inept at best and getting close to corrupt at worst.

An unsavoury title to the clip (rude/offensive word) - for those of a sensitive nature.....

https://twitter.com/bloodandmud/status/ ... InHDeJoi8g

Interesting to see if that gets cited.

Doesn't show the multitude of other offences he committed - outlined by LE18 - weak officiating, scared to penalise a Sarries player.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Good points for Bath though.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 am It's not just Sarries but Rhodes last night was a good (bad) example of how officiating varies so much ref to ref and game to game.

For those who didn't see it, the link (found on unoffy) shows Rhodes' shoulder charge to the head at a ruck - Kalamafoni gets red carded (fair enough - aprt from Beaumont's play acting...yes, I think he milked it!) for a similar but lesser example, IMO. Rhodes tucks his arm then drops onto the head/neck of Bath's player. Did the TMO get involved? Was it reviewed on pitch? If so, how on Earth did he stay on the pitch? If not reviewed, why not?

I'm not all about softening the game - just having some parity of treatment across the board - Tigers are getting punished for these kind of offences, why are others not? It's not about making your own luck, that's indefensible from the officials. It's understandable why some think that the officiating is inept at best and getting close to corrupt at worst.

An unsavoury title to the clip (rude/offensive word) - for those of a sensitive nature.....

https://twitter.com/bloodandmud/status/ ... InHDeJoi8g

Interesting to see if that gets cited.

Doesn't show the multitude of other offences he committed - outlined by LE18 - weak officiating, scared to penalise a Sarries player.
If he doesn't then there is no rugby god? As for penaties, I guess the 'Sirs can't count above 20 between them. The 'Offs were pretty poor IMO?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:29 pmIf he doesn't then there is no rugby god? As for penaties, I guess the 'Sirs can't count above 20 between them. The 'Offs were pretty poor IMO?
Agree. The clip is now on BT Sport site as well, they note that it was brought to the attention of BT Sport by viewers....even if the on-field officials had their view blocked by players or the invisibility cloak...what on Earth was the TMO doing?

Makes a mockery when viewing and application of laws is 'apparently' so different and non-standard across the board. Maybe the powers that be will be shamed into citing it as it's on BT Sport site...I'm not holding my breath though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Most of his tackles were around the neck, he was swinging off the neck of one player.!