Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Podcast with Simon Cohen

Post by Dangerous4 »

To be honest, Simon Cohen came out of that interview pretty well. An enlightening discussion.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Worth listening to or cliche ridden same old?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm Worth listening to or cliche ridden same old?
Personally I was surprised how open SC was, came across really well IMO and explained the clubs thinking about several contentions issues
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm Worth listening to or cliche ridden same old?
Give it a listen and you can decide.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Yes, it's well worth a listen.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks guys will do!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm
Funny. I was going to say this but feel my lips need to be zipped with certain people.
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Not sure why anyone wouldn't want to listen to this or the other podcasts. I think this series is great and gives a real insight into lots of aspects of rugby, not just the Tigers.

I'm sure people will want to be synicle about how true it all is buts that's their prerogative.

I thought Simon Cohen provided open answers to some difficult questions, particularly around the changes in head coaches and the challenges of recruitment.

On the down side it was very upsetting to hear about the level of abuse recieved by officials of the club and their families both in person and via social media. Leicester Tigers should have no place for so called fans who are prepared to stoop to that level. Its disappointing that the approach by the club to this forum has changed as a result
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

Agreed. Collective fans objective for rest of season should be to be generally decent enough that SC’s wife returns to watch games at WR.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Grumpy of Crumbie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm Not sure why anyone wouldn't want to listen to this or the other podcasts. I think this series is great and gives a real insight into lots of aspects of rugby, not just the Tigers.

I'm sure people will want to be synicle about how true it all is buts that's their prerogative.

I thought Simon Cohen provided open answers to some difficult questions, particularly around the changes in head coaches and the challenges of recruitment.

On the down side it was very upsetting to hear about the level of abuse recieved by officials of the club and their families both in person and via social media. Leicester Tigers should have no place for so called fans who are prepared to stoop to that level. Its disappointing that the approach by the club to this forum has changed as a result
Agreed. For Leicester staff not being able to go out around the city due to getting abuse from "fans" is disgraceful. If any of you on here are one of those people, you need to have a very long, hard look at yourselves and you should be absolutely ashamed!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It was also confirmed that the club are on all social media platforms and some things are shown to the players.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Must admit - I didn't realise that the abuse directed towards SC (and presumably others to a lesser degree) had got so vitriolic. It's generally a waste of time trying to shame the shameless into better behaviour -although I'm still trying with Trump - so I'd just sling them out!

Interesting that they look at the various social media platforms through Sam 'Bondi' Williamson. Now - what's his 'handle' on here, I wonder?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Abuse is always unacceptable (unless it's direct at D. Trump :smt003 ). Whilst we may not always agree abuse has no part to play in debate. I thought it was an interesting podcast and clearly finance is a huge issue.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:13 pm
Interesting that they look at the various social media platforms through Sam 'Bondi' Williamson. Now - what's his 'handle' on here, I wonder?
Don’t need one to read a public forum, can just read anonymously like I do most of the time!