Sale vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale vs Tigers

Post by Mark62 »

I take your point the point I’m making which you seem to be missing, maybe a bit deep for you, is that by not resting Sinckler against the Italians you run the risk of playing 2 very similar props, against the much more dangerous Scots, if Sinckler picks up a knock

I shall say no more
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah let's start legislating for potential injuries haha!!! I'll say no more...
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicester Tigers (v Sale Sharks, away, Friday 8.00pm)

15 Jonah Holmes

14 Leonardo Sarto

13 George Worth

12 Kyle Eastmond

11 Sam Aspland-Robinson

10 Joe Ford

9 Harry Simmons

1 Facundo Gigena

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Joe Heyes

4 Will Spencer

5 Graham Kitchener

6 Mike Williams

7 Guy Thompson

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements

16 Jake Kerr

17 Campese Ma’afu

18 David Feao

19 Harry Wells

20 Will Evans

21 Sam Lewis

22 Tom Hardwick

23 Jordan Olowofela

Going to need 80 mins out of Harry Simmons
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Going to need something looking at that Sale team!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

To be fair with all the injuries, that’s the best team we could have put to the field. Like the look of the centres and back three.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If we get anything out of this game it will be a bonus...performance both team & individually is the priority here. The scrum should be ok.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

We're DOOMED, Captain Mainwaring!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

SHARKS Starting XV: 15.Luke James; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.James O’Connor, 12.Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11.Arron Reed; 10.Sam James, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Valery Morozov, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Bryn Evans, 5.James Phillips, 6.Jono Ross (capt.), 7.Ben Curry, 8.Josh Beaumont.

Replacements: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17.Tom Bristow, 18.James Jones, 19.Matt Postlethwaite, 20.Cameron Neild, 21.Gus Warr, 22.Cameron Redpath, 23.Paolo Odogwu

Not all that IMO, though it should be enough to beat our scratch side... though we said that last week.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:08 pm Going to need something looking at that Sale team!
Miracle or two maybe? Still, at least when you are down to the 'bare bones' as GM puts it you can see whom is really up for it? It is not on BT, so maybe I won't wince as much when the score comes through. You never know the Sale side that went to Saints may be out again?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Comments on Twitter about our decimated team - arguing that club rugby should be suspended during the AI and 6N period.

Simon Cohen commented "And some people want to increase the number of overlaps! To get a season that works and recognises that players game time needs to decrease everyone has to compromise."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:43 pm Comments on Twitter about our decimated team - arguing that club rugby should be suspended during the AI and 6N period.

Simon Cohen commented "And some people want to increase the number of overlaps! To get a season that works and recognises that players game time needs to decrease everyone has to compromise."

I have said this. The fact that club sides have to play during the 6N is utterly ridiculous. This is supposed to be a professional game, but this part of it's structure is amateurish. It just shouldn't happen. :smt009
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ourla wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:55 pm SHARKS Starting XV: 15.Luke James; 14.Denny Solomona, 13.James O’Connor, 12.Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11.Arron Reed; 10.Sam James, 9.Faf de Klerk; 1.Valery Morozov, 2.Rob Webber, 3.WillGriff John, 4.Bryn Evans, 5.James Phillips, 6.Jono Ross (capt.), 7.Ben Curry, 8.Josh Beaumont.

Replacements: 16.Curtis Langdon, 17.Tom Bristow, 18.James Jones, 19.Matt Postlethwaite, 20.Cameron Neild, 21.Gus Warr, 22.Cameron Redpath, 23.Paolo Odogwu

Not all that IMO, though it should be enough to beat our scratch side... though we said that last week.
I would test James at fullback and tire out the pack because their bench is very weak in my opinion.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Well, this is going to be an extremely tough test for our young-bloods, but I really can't envisage us getting any points from this one. Prove me wrong lads.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

As long as we see the same spirit as we showed against Wasps then that will do for me.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:43 pm Comments on Twitter about our decimated team - arguing that club rugby should be suspended during the AI and 6N period.

I have said this. The fact that club sides have to play during the 6N is utterly ridiculous. This is supposed to be a professional game, but this part of it's structure is amateurish. It just shouldn't happen. :smt009
Couldn't agree more :smt023. Player management is vital. IMO there should be an academy competition where only academy players can play, on a Saturday before the Ints KO. Get the supporters in to the grounds to see their young hopefuls and watch the Ints?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat