Sale vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale vs Tigers

Post by ellis9 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:03 pm Ellis I will entertain you. Apart from LW and LI here and there,name me a worse outfit. This is atrocious,a stain on our great name!
Worcester
Bristol
Newcastle
Rotherham
Leeds
Quins who only won 7 games all season in 1999/2000. We've won 6 so far.

Want any more?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

We're re-building - yes, again, but there you are - and we've got 19 of the senior squad injured or on international duty. Nineteen. Nearly a score in old money.

Being positive is easy when your team is winning but I rather think it's at times like this that the guys need our support. Not blind allegiance. Support.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 pm We're re-building - yes, again, but there you are - and we've got 19 of the senior squad injured or on international duty. Nineteen. Nearly a score in old money.

Being positive is easy when your team is winning but I rather think it's at times like this that the guys need our support. Not blind allegiance. Support.
Agreed
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Bonus points are the only thing saving us at the minute.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Sorry I seem so negative guys,it's just how I'm built. But please don't dare question my support or fandom and say I get a kick out of us losing! Far from it,very much the opposite.
I called it a long time ago that the Tigers way would end up killing us but I pray to God that I'm miles out,we will see next season now because this one's a bust. We are playing for games in Russia or France next season at best.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 pm
strawclearer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 pm We're re-building - yes, again, but there you are - and we've got 19 of the senior squad injured or on international duty. Nineteen. Nearly a score in old money.

Agreed
Agreed, and haven’t we also played more away games too? Iirc we have now 4 of the last six games at home, in a season where home advantage seems more accentuated than ever.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Agreed
:smt023 +1 With you both on this.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
25tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by 25tiger »

If we’d stopped running into brick walls everytime we had an overlap tonight, we would have been a lot closer or even sneaked a win. We weren’t a million miles off and the score flatters Sale just like it did at Saracens. I saw some positives to take away from tonight’s loss and I’ll accept that at this point in Murphy’s first season in charge.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Not surprised by the defeat just disappointed it's experienced players conceding cards. Wet, cold and attritional night. Keep 15 men on the park and try to front up best you can, grab any points possible.

Yellow card for a deliberate knock on, unless it's certain catch trying an interception in wet and windy weather is just stupid. Kalamafoni red card, come on. A little more nous from the experienced blokes please. Could understand if it was the young lads trying to impress and force things then ending up misjudging it.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Calmed down a bit now but why are posters automatically thinking that we will rebuild next season and turn this battleship around? Blind faith? Evidence points to us just getting worse. AP winners to losing finalists to losing SFists to not qualifying for playoffs to looking like not qualifying for RCC rugby this season. When's it going to stop? I'm not buying that there going to be a guaranteed improvement next season and you know where the next step backwards goes!
Instead of calling me all the names under the sun or selling me dreams please someone tell me why this decline is all of a sudden gonna come to an end?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:40 pm Not surprised by the defeat just disappointed it's experienced players conceding cards. Wet, cold and attritional night. Keep 15 men on the park and try to front up best you can, grab any points possible.

Yellow card for a deliberate knock on, unless it's certain catch trying an interception in wet and windy weather is just stupid. Kalamafoni red card, come on. A little more nous from the experienced blokes please. Could understand if it was the young lads trying to impress and force things then ending up misjudging it.
As is often the case when injuries hit, the players still standing and available play too much rugby. Kalamafoni has played 21 games so far this season - he's looking knackered - but it sounds a very silly offense to get sent off for.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:51 pm Calmed down a bit now but why are posters automatically thinking that we will rebuild next season and turn this battleship around? Blind faith? Evidence points to us just getting worse. AP winners to losing finalists to losing SFists to not qualifying for playoffs to looking like not qualifying for RCC rugby this season. When's it going to stop? I'm not buying that there going to be a guaranteed improvement next season and you know where the next step backwards goes!
Instead of calling me all the names under the sun or selling me dreams please someone tell me why this decline is all of a sudden gonna come to an end?
It isn't going to get better. Not "all of a sudden". It'll take 2 or 3 years. As Cohen says on the podcast, there's not yet a soccer type transfer market and a lot has to come from within. So - as has been said before - Keep the Faith.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:51 pm Calmed down a bit now but why are posters automatically thinking that we will rebuild next season and turn this battleship around? Blind faith? Evidence points to us just getting worse. AP winners to losing finalists to losing SFists to not qualifying for playoffs to looking like not qualifying for RCC rugby this season. When's it going to stop? I'm not buying that there going to be a guaranteed improvement next season and you know where the next step backwards goes!
I agree.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Reading the comments on here is, what can I say, it's a game of rugby, not life and death.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott, as suggested a listen to the Podcast would be a starter. It is accepted that is is going to take a couple of years to re-build. Geordan has a vision and is looking at his players for next season so he needs to be given a chance. Not knowing all the goings and incoming of players does not mean that it is going to get worse. This season is going to be a struggle and things will only get better when we get the Internationals back on the field.
Positives: Defence has improved and teams are having to work hard for their tries as opposed to earlier in the season when it was open season.
I am as disappointed as other fans but we cannot go out and magically bring in or fix injured players for the remainder of the season.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk