Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sale vs Tigers

Post by Ian Cant »

A good job we won last week!
Has any other team ever had so many of its squad missing through injury and international call ups?
Does anyone know what is happening with Denton?
Like many I do fear we may have seen the last of him as this is a very long time out.
Now we really have to hope our internationals stay injury free but looking at the treatment of Johnny May v Wales( in a couple of papers at the time there was the hint of an investigation as to why May wasn’t properly checked out!) I hope Fordy, Genge, Cole, May, Manu and Youngs don’t get any game time!!
Anyone else think Newcastle will beat Wasps this weekend?
Wasps too has injuries galore and call ups.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

TigerCam wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:47 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm
strawclearer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:43 pm Comments on Twitter about our decimated team - arguing that club rugby should be suspended during the AI and 6N period.

Simon Cohen commented "And some people want to increase the number of overlaps! To get a season that works and recognises that players game time needs to decrease everyone has to compromise."

I have said this. The fact that club sides have to play during the 6N is utterly ridiculous. This is supposed to be a professional game, but this part of it's structure is amateurish. It just shouldn't happen. :smt009
Couldn't agree more :smt023. Player management is vital. IMO there should be an academy competition where only academy players can play, on a Saturday before the Ints KO. Get the supporters in to the grounds to see their young hopefuls and watch the Ints?
I like that idea and would support it if introduced; playing during this period when some teams have nobody out on int duty is nonsense.

Having said that I am hoping the guys will surprise us. If you had asked me at the start of the second half last week, with the crazy position changes we had, if we would win I would not have said yes. This week....? Well Sale may just get a bit smug looking at our young team.... but what was the score at Saints? It's all in the mind!
As Good As It Gets
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Radical, Very, but fair, if they are going to play during internationals, would be a "pairing up", similar to what they do in Parliament when MPs are away at voting time!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

That would be brilliant. :smt045
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I am only optimistic of a "W" if we can stop F du K running the Sale game as he did to us before.
He was the difference. He plays well Sale (Sold) do well.

We need to stop Faffin' around. :smt018 :smt018
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Whoever posted Enya sail away on the tigers twitter needs applauding and mugging in equal measures :smt034 :smt035 :smt068

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... 8791046144
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

As a Tigers fan in the north west I've seen many a rainy Friday night games away to Sale and I've only seen us lose once, so I've got hope! Their squad has more talent and experience on paper but then so did Wasps last week, fingers crossed for more dodgy camera angles!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

A nice wet and heavy pitch would be a little helpful to us. Our forwards look stronger than the backs.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:47 pm
TigerCam wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:47 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm

I have said this. The fact that club sides have to play during the 6N is utterly ridiculous. This is supposed to be a professional game, but this part of it's structure is amateurish. It just shouldn't happen. :smt009
Couldn't agree more :smt023. Player management is vital. IMO there should be an academy competition where only academy players can play, on a Saturday before the Ints KO. Get the supporters in to the grounds to see their young hopefuls and watch the Ints?
I like that idea and would support it if introduced; playing during this period when some teams have nobody out on int duty is nonsense.

Having said that I am hoping the guys will surprise us. If you had asked me at the start of the second half last week, with the crazy position changes we had, if we would win I would not have said yes. This week....? Well Sale may just get a bit smug looking at our young team.... but what was the score at Saints? It's all in the mind!
:smt023 +1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Another narrow victory would give me a good excuse to open another good bottle of rouge! 🍷!
Semper in excretia
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:57 pm Another narrow victory would give me a good excuse to open another good bottle of rouge! 🍷!

Oh yes. Win or lose, it is a splendid excuse for "popping" a cork.
Tastes better after a win though. :smt005
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'll follow the action on my phone whole watching the 20/20 cricket and tucking into a few Brewdogs,live craft die punk :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tweentown

Post by Tweentown »

Anybody found an internet commentary for this. The normal Radio Leicester link doesn’t seem to be working again.
Bring back the rolling maul...and they did
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tweentown wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:48 pm Anybody found an internet commentary for this. The normal Radio Leicester link doesn’t seem to be working again.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p072rrn4

Working fine
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tweentown wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:48 pm Anybody found an internet commentary for this. The normal Radio Leicester link doesn’t seem to be working again.
Ours the same but just fired up. Must be carefully timed. And I am in south Wales.
As Good As It Gets