Sale vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sale vs Tigers

Post by markharbtiger »

I was out last night thankfully. Got to the stage where I’m not expecting us to win. “What on Earth is going on at Tigers?” said my Saints mate. I wish I knew... :smt010
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

The next two home games will now go a long way to proving if things are improving. Beat Saints and Exeter will show Welford Road is a place where the visitors can expect to lose.
Saints beat us last season at the same stage of the season, then we lost to Newcastle in two awful performances.
Lose these and the Newcastle came could turn out to be a nightmare as Deano knows how to “fight “ it out when relegation threatens.
All we can do is turn up and support with as loud a voice as we can.
At least Geordan now knows he has to somehow do a Pat Howard, who, once appointed set about have 2 1st fifteens. It nearly paid off with the treble until the players were too shattered to really perform as well as Wasps after they’d had time to fully focus on the European Final.
No more excuses Tigers: just put the threat of relegation behind us then play with freedom to see where we finish! Problem is this team rarely get back to back wins!
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Well, I suppose last night could have been worse!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How?! :smt005
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Pat Howard - PLEASE COME HOME!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Finally seen the red card. I think they are a bit hasty and completely ignore Beaumont doing the same thing to SK. No excuse, but let down by the TMO again. You wonder if he hadn’t gone down like he’d been shot they would have looked at all.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:11 pm Finally seen the red card. I think they are a bit hasty and completely ignore Beaumont doing the same thing to SK. No excuse, but let down by the TMO again. You wonder if he hadn’t gone down like he’d been shot they would have looked at all.
I viewed it the same way. The problem is that retaliation, however understandable, always seems to attract a greater sanction than the provocation. We saw the same when Julian White got red carded for flooring Andrew Sheridan. Sheridan threw 3 or 4 punches which didn't connect, White connected and got red carded. I'm not saying retaliation is acceptable but it would help if officials took action against instigators as well.

In this instance I would hope that the citing commissioner reviews all the evidence and acts accordingly. I would also hope that when SK goes before the disciplinary panel the club are able to raise Beaumont's actions in mitigation
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 am
ABClub wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:04 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:51 pm Calmed down a bit now but why are posters automatically thinking that we will rebuild next season and turn this battleship around? Blind faith? Evidence points to us just getting worse. AP winners to losing finalists to losing SFists to not qualifying for playoffs to looking like not qualifying for RCC rugby this season. When's it going to stop? I'm not buying that there going to be a guaranteed improvement next season and you know where the next step backwards goes!
Instead of calling me all the names under the sun or selling me dreams please someone tell me why this decline is all of a sudden gonna come to an end?
Biggest problem areas in the playing squad this season:

1) A set of under performing locks and back row players characterised by all being good players but none top draw, with several arguably earning a lot for what they provide.

2) Lack of depth in the centres with Tait and Smith out injured, Owen struggling after his latest injury.

Standout recruitment so far for next season:

Jordan Taufua - A top draw blindside and number 8.
Calum Green - A lineout lock who won't break the bank but should add significantly compared to current lock performances.
Noel Reid - A very shrewd signing, the sort that Tigers have lacked a bit in recent years.
Jaco Taute - An extra carrier in the centre with lots of experience and versatility.

Some feel the coaching not the squad is the biggest problem, in which case it's a different discussion. Personally I think the playing squad is very poor in key areas but by the sounds of the above signings the weakest areas are being looked at.

Vitally I am optimistic about the youngsters getting game time. Squad depth has largely suffered due to talent not being brought through as needed, hence overpriced squad signings have been made to pad out the squad. Kerr, Heyes, Lewis, Reffell, White, Simmons, Hardwick, Olowofela and Worth are all placed to play important roles in the squad next season. That is definitely a move in the right direction.
Kicking out time at the Wilted Daffodil. Now known as the Cocky Leek! Posh Richard rubbing it in, the Taffs gleefully anticipating roasted jock on the morrow. Dino puts his arm round me.
"Now you know why you wear red green and white......it's just like supporting Italy.......or the Dragons!"

I could have done without that last remark!

Seriously, ref your last paragraph, bringing the youth on is laudable. But we need retention and development as they mature. We don't wan to be a feeder club for the others.
I know Jordan Taufua as confirmed but have the others mentioned? or are they still just rumours / wishes?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:28 pm I know Jordan Taufua as confirmed but have the others mentioned? or are they still just rumours / wishes?
Green, Reid and Taute sound like done deals that are yet to be announced.

Reid to Tigers was even mentioned in commentary during a Leinster game by O'Driscoll a while back.