Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale vs Tigers

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 pm
MikeR wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:34 pm he won't be picked for England - its Italy so Harry Williams will get a start to see what he can do.
That post aged well.
Good to see DC with be gaining valuable international experience.

(Can't begrudge him the extra cash though!)
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 pm I know some posters have a soft spot for him but Freddie Tuilagi should not be anywhere near the premiership match day squad.

Any further news on Denton
Ditto!!!
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

MikeR wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:34 pm he won't be picked for England - its Italy so Harry Williams will get a start to see what he can do.
Oh how wrong
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

That post aged well.
Eddie Jones frustrates the hell outta me. Everyone knows what Dan can do, give the inexperienced the change to go out and do something. Dan could score 2 tries and a drop goal and he still wouldn't be first choice.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

TTRITH wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am
That post aged well.
Eddie Jones frustrates the hell outta me. Everyone knows what Dan can do, give the inexperienced the change to go out and do something. Dan could score 2 tries and a drop goal and he still wouldn't be first choice.
Totally agree. The only thing I can think is that he’s going out there to look after Ellis in his first start. Otherwise, other than the nice £25K Dan will be a getting a pointless exercise
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I did credit Jones with a bit more commonsense . If there is one game to try Williams as a starter its the Italy one . Dan's qualities are fairly obvious by now .
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's very simple imo. Cole is 3rd choice now,complete trustworthy and will be rolled out with the mixed veg in the RWC. Williams is more important for the Scotland game so has been rested. Quite easy for me.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 pm It's very simple imo. Cole is 3rd choice now,complete trustworthy and will be rolled out with the mixed veg in the RWC. Williams is more important for the Scotland game so has been rested. Quite easy for me.

This is how I see it.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Dangerous4 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:26 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 pm It's very simple imo. Cole is 3rd choice now,complete trustworthy and will be rolled out with the mixed veg in the RWC. Williams is more important for the Scotland game so has been rested. Quite easy for me.

This is how I see it.
I take you’re point but if that’s the case why isn’t he resting his normal starting tight head Sinckler and using Williams and Cole who are both quite capable of playing against the Italians
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Because they are a much of a muchness,very similar type of player with Williams arguably a better version these days.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:46 pm Because they are a much of a muchness,very similar type of player with Williams arguably a better version these days.
Still doesn’t explain why he is resting Williams who has played less than Sinckler. But I’m sure you understand what you mean
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've explained it simply imo,look at Genge and Moon in the 23 or Vunipola and Moon in the 23. Think about Vunipola and Marler too. Now think about Sinckler and Cole or Sinckler and Williams then think about Cole and Williams together.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:09 pm I've explained it simply imo,look at Genge and Moon in the 23 or Vunipola and Moon in the 23. Think about Vunipola and Marler too. Now think about Sinckler and Cole or Sinckler and Williams then think about Cole and Williams together.
But using your logic if Williams and Cole are similar with a fag papers width between them you don’t want to run the risk of the both playing against the Scots which if Sinckler gets injured against the Italians will happen.
Therefore using your logic you rest Sinckler as it doesn’t matter which one of Williams and Cole is on the bench behind him against the Scots.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So where's the point of difference in the Italian game then? Being very awkward towards me for some reason Mark! Eddie wouldnt play Moon and Marler,Genge and Vunipola or Cole and Williams unless he had too,I understand why and have explained why,if you choose not to accept it then that's up to you!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's about the dynamic of the team. Cole and Williams are set piece orientated and will hit rucks all day but like Ireland with Furlong we like to have a prop at first receiver who draws in defenders then makes a cutback pass which leaves us men over out wide. Vunipola and Sinckler and Genge for us can make that pass, Williams and Cole can't. This is just one example of why Eddie has ALWAYS played a "scrummager" with a carrier/more ball playing prop on the other side, it's all about balance. And an international coach is hardly gonna legislate for injuries the next game,if Sinckler god forbid got injured Vs Italy then we change tactics for Scotland.