Worrying Developments

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Worrying Developments

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I have to say I am very alarmed by the amount of reasonableness that has been creeping into a number of posts on different topics just recently. This alarming trend includes reasonable and sensible analysis backed up by facts rather than opinion.

I have to say that I am appalled by the lack of knee-jerk reactions and sustained criticisms of the team, the coaching staff, the board and the club in general that characterises these contributions. I am so concerned that I even asked the moderators to remove one extremely sensible comment from a thread. Alas to no avail. It's still there. :smt013

What is happening to this forum? I am totally bemused and confused. :smt017

Come on people get a grip!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Worrying Developments

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 am I have to say I am very alarmed by the amount of reasonableness that has been creeping into a number of posts on different topics just recently. This alarming trend includes reasonable and sensible analysis backed up by facts rather than opinion.

I have to say that I am appalled by the lack of knee-jerk reactions and sustained criticisms of the team, the coaching staff, the board and the club in general that characterises these contributions. I am so concerned that I even asked the moderators to remove one extremely sensible comment from a thread. Alas to no avail. It's still there. :smt013

:smt044 :smt038 :smt023
It won't last, of that I'm certain!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Lets see what transpires this afternoon.........................
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:19 am Lets see what transpires this afternoon.........................
+1 😂😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Louis

Post by Louis »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 am I have to say I am very alarmed by the amount of reasonableness that has been creeping into a number of posts on different topics just recently. This alarming trend includes reasonable and sensible analysis backed up by facts rather than opinion.

Well that's just your opinion, and I'm entitled to post my opinion.

:smt002
Louis

Post by Louis »

Oooh I just had a thought!*

Given this forum reasonableness, and recent Tigers performances, we could petition for a modification of the anthem Tigers run onto the pitch to. It could now be:

"Mong mong mong, mong mong mong clap" to the tune of Smoke on the Water. Thus getting the correct balance of Monging of Doom and Clapping of Happy based on current results. Ratio of claps to mongs could be altered as needed.

How's that for a slice of fried gold?

*Actual thought may have settled in transit
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'm sure we will all feel better after a bonus point win today. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
Baz

Post by Baz »

What a pathetic performance today; it's almost as if no one in the team cares any more. There are some serious motivation issues in the current squad. I think there are more "worrying developments" than the original thread posted here!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Utter bilge week in week out
20yearsatiger
Tiger Cub

Post by 20yearsatiger »

Shambolic. 3 weeks off and we turn in 2 dire performances like the last 2 weeks. How much longer will the appeasers say the current set up needs more time? Urgent clear out needed!! I love my club and it is soul destroying to watch it dying in front of my eyes
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Well, to ease your concerns Voice of the Crumbie, I submit the following;

We're pure dross at the moment, the only way to avoid the ignominy of two consecutive relegations at this point is to wind the club up now and put the pitch out to pasture, we'd see less on there that way too.

That more like it?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nothing will change until we clear out Glyn, Kay, Underhill and Cohen. They are wringing the life out of our great club. The appointment of Murphy is proving as brilliant as bringing back MOC!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm Nothing will change until we clear out Glyn, Kay, Underhill and Cohen. They are wringing the life out of our great club. The appointment of Murphy is proving as brilliant as bringing back MOC!
I still stand on my criticism that this debacle started around 2012-13 and was visible 2013-14, due to lack of foresight and investment. By the way, who's Underhill? Sam?
I think Kay and Underwood bear a lot of the blame alongside the rest of the BoD. Complacency set in, then the 'senior players' stuck their oar in.......Tigers DNA left with RC.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:07 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:12 pm Nothing will change until we clear out Glyn, Kay, Underhill and Cohen. They are wringing the life out of our great club. The appointment of Murphy is proving as brilliant as bringing back MOC!
I still stand on my criticism that this debacle started around 2012-13 and was visible 2013-14, due to lack of foresight and investment. By the way, who's Underhill? Sam?
I think Kay and Underwood bear a lot of the blame alongside the rest of the BoD. Complacency set in, then the 'senior players' stuck their oar in.......Tigers DNA left with RC.
Yes i did mean Underwood :smt027
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

RC couldn’t plan for the long term either.