Gloucester v Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Gloucester v Sarries

Post by LE18 »

Glos are giving Sarries a wapping, what an all action effort they are putting in, how we could do with some of that resolve, sadly no comparison to last week in our match!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Gloucester v Sarries

Post by Tomvarndell »

Do you realise how massive an advantage home advantage is during these farce fixtures.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tomvarndell wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:29 pm Do you realise how massive an advantage home advantage is during these farce fixtures.
How massive an advantage having no international call ups is.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:34 pm
Tomvarndell wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:29 pm Do you realise how massive an advantage home advantage is during these farce fixtures.
How massive an advantage having no international call ups is.
Exactly and at home. Proving how important these fixtures are as we travel again and to a team barely missing a soul.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

The first post is a total joke. How can he compare our effort last week away from home to a side playing at home this week and barely missing a first choice player.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Yes it is a joke playing games with internationals away, but maybe Glos chose to sign non (6N) international squad players who do not cost the earth and are not away for a huge chunk of the season, unfortunately the rules require us to play, so we play with a reduced value squad. Money for Ford, May, Tuilagi etc, could have bought more squad players, not that's what I want, but everyone was saying Sarries 2nd team were virtually unbeatable, well up to that last couple of mins, Gloucester were very very good, including some of our old players. Good on them!
Sorry to compare them with us, if it upsets you, but here we are in 9th place, you cant entirely blame that on the players being away, years gone bye we have fared better during this period.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

And yet they didn’t get a tbp and let Sarries in for a lbp at the end
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:53 pm Yes it is a joke playing games with internationals away, but maybe Glos chose to sign non (6N) international squad players who do not cost the earth and are not away for a huge chunk of the season, unfortunately the rules require us to play, so we play with a reduced value squad. Money for Ford, May, Tuilagi etc, could have bought more squad players, not that's what I want, but everyone was saying Sarries 2nd team were virtually unbeatable, well up to that last couple of mins, Gloucester were very very good, including some of our old players. Good on them!
Sorry to compare them with us, if it upsets you, but here we are in 9th place, you cant entirely blame that on the players being away, years gone bye we have fared better during this period.
But Saracens are currently top of the table and 13 points ahead of Gloucester. When Saracens have their internationals back I'm sure they will return to winning ways. Lack of internationals may help during the 6N but come the end of the season I suspect Saracens will come out on top.

It would be a mistake to blame fixtures during the 6N for the current Tigers table position, they also lost matches with all the internationals available.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

drc_007 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:53 pm Yes it is a joke playing games with internationals away, but maybe Glos chose to sign non (6N) international squad players who do not cost the earth and are not away for a huge chunk of the season, unfortunately the rules require us to play, so we play with a reduced value squad. Money for Ford, May, Tuilagi etc, could have bought more squad players, not that's what I want, but everyone was saying Sarries 2nd team were virtually unbeatable, well up to that last couple of mins, Gloucester were very very good, including some of our old players. Good on them!
But Saracens are currently top of the table and 13 points ahead of Gloucester. When Saracens have their internationals back I'm sure they will return to winning ways. Lack of internationals may help during the 6N but come the end of the season I suspect Saracens will come out on top.

It would be a mistake to blame fixtures during the 6N for the current Tigers table position, they also lost matches with all the internationals available.
I agree Tigers have been poor a few times without excuses. That’s not up for debate. But watching Gloucester beat the two top sides at Home without barely contributing to the six nations, whilst listening to the poor BT sports mob bigging them up is just a joke. Play this fixture in May and the result would be 20 points different for me.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tomvarndell wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 pm
drc_007 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm

I agree Tigers have been poor a few times without excuses. That’s not up for debate. But watching Gloucester beat the two top sides at Home without barely contributing to the six nations, whilst listening to the poor BT sports mob bigging them up is just a joke. Play this fixture in May and the result would be 20 points different for me.
Agreed. Gloucester aren't as good as people are making them out to be.

They are a good side but not good enough to be winning the Premiership.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I watched this match and thought that Gloucester weren't bad, not the best scrum but competitive enough and mobile and combative around the park with it.
What struck me though was the lack of a physical line threat amongst the midfield backs, if the back row weren't around to help they only had the threat of Thorley out wide, when he came looking for it inside he was a threat.
Probably where players like Manu increase their value.
Saracens left it a bit late to start playing and in my opinion didn't make the right selections, their bench was better in my opinion and Spencer and Malins upped the pace and got the whole team moving.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Agree totally about Spencer and Malins.
Wigglesworth suits their style of play when Farrell is at 10 but for me Spencer has over taken him in overall play , and if he was first choice would be pushing Youngs and Robson
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Except Welford Road?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:19 pm
Except Welford Road?

Sadly that seems to be the case.