Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by Scott1 »

You should never play your touch and go player on the bench. If a BR player gets injured in minute one then Thompson has to play 79! You do it the other way round imo
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Come on Mark,that BR is so slow you could paint them! Has Murphy lost the plot? I could understand it v Sarries but Wuss? Wheres the pace to cover if we are cut open? I really hope I come to rue this post tomorrow but I doubt it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LBP at best
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’d try to starve Worcester, but Wells and Cole are the only ones capable of disrupting the breakdown 😂 :smt017
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:01 pm Come on Mark,that BR is so slow you could paint them! Has Murphy lost the plot? I could understand it v Sarries but Wuss? Wheres the pace to cover if we are cut open? I really hope I come to rue this post tomorrow but I doubt it!
Wont come home to rue the post tomorrow :smt005
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

:smt005 :smt005
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Touche!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I don’t normally respond to Scott but he still doesn’t get it does he.

You claim to be supporter but your first comment is always a negative one.
You may be right that the back row is too slow and there’s is no real jackler but you haven’t asked why is it injuries is it tactical. At the moment we don’t know it could be the right way to go, just as much as it might not be.
I just feel that laying into the selection before a ball has been kicked in anger is wrong, but maybe that is too mature a thought process
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:48 pm I don’t normally respond to Scott but he still doesn’t get it does he.

You claim to be supporter but your first comment is always a negative one.
You may be right that the back row is too slow and there’s is no real jackler but you haven’t asked why is it injuries is it tactical. At the moment we don’t know it could be the right way to go, just as much as it might not be.
I just feel that laying into the selection before a ball has been kicked in anger is wrong, but maybe that is too mature a thought process
To be fair this looks like a selection MOC would have made, picking three big guys in the back row, many complained about it then as a strategy. Looks like a selection hoping for an arm wrestle, I don't think it will be that sort of match.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've said that if it was Sarries say I could understand it but Wuss?! I'm not going to do a tactical breakdown,havnt the time but think about how Sarries and Wuss play then it should easily answer your question
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I do apologize though if I come across negative,it's a bad habit of mine
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

To be fair I also find selection a little puzzling on a fast pitch but I assume there is a plan.
On the face of it the plan does look to slow it down but maybe there is something else, maybe Gigena or Wells need some extra weight behind them, if they win then fair play!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BFG wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:25 pm To be fair I also find selection a little puzzling on a fast pitch but I assume there is a plan.
On the face of it the plan does look to slow it down but maybe there is something else, maybe Gigena needs some extra weight behind him, if they win then fair play!
And if they don’t and part of the reason is the balance of the back row, then is the time for criticism, but give them a chance to play the match first
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:36 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:25 pm To be fair I also find selection a little puzzling on a fast pitch but I assume there is a plan.
On the face of it the plan does look to slow it down but maybe there is something else, maybe Gigena needs some extra weight behind him, if they win then fair play!
And if they don’t and part of the reason is the balance of the back row, then is the time for criticism, but give them a chance to play the match first
I didn't think that I had criticised them! :smt102
Naughty step for me! :smt090
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:36 pm
It could simply be a case of select who's fit. We know BOC and Denton are injured. I'm assuming Evans must be. It's probably too much to ask Thompson to start hence inclusion on the bench. As you say the time for criticism is post match.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!