Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by Ian Cant »

Being a realist I cannot see our back row troubling Worcester as we needed Evans fit and O’Connor. Tom Hardwick would also have given us better kicking and line break options. Sadly I think we will be lucky to get a losing bonus point. To be honest I see next week as the all important game to beat Wasps at home to try to avoid a real threat of relegation. Newcastle have had injury woes which will undoubtedly clear by the time we play them.
I hope we have a couple of wins by then.
As for tomorrow: just hope Tigers show more determination and some attacking effort but our confidence away from home is very fragile.
BG01

Post by BG01 »

Some of the negativity is a bit odd - pointing out every flaw with our team and acting like Worcester are the Crusaders or something.

Yes, they may not be too worried about our back row - but should we be worried about theirs? Two decent players and a promising youngster. I think a lot of people will be surprised if our backrow perform better, but why should that be so surprising?

It should be a good game and Worcester are a good team, but our squad is plenty good enough to play them.
Never believe generalisations
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BG01 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:11 am Some of the negativity is a bit odd - pointing out every flaw with our team and acting like Worcester are the Crusaders or something.

Yes, they may not be too worried about our back row - but should we be worried about theirs? Two decent players and a promising youngster. I think a lot of people will be surprised if our backrow perform better, but why should that be so surprising?

It should be a good game and Worcester are a good team, but our squad is plenty good enough to play them.
Another sensible reasonable and well worded post. HOW DARE YOU :smt023 :smt023 :smt026
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Kick off at 1? Gutted,on way home from London,I hope it's on Bet365
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 pm Kick off at 1? Gutted,on way home from London,I hope it's on Bet365
It's on BTSport
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I'm on a train straw,I'm following it though
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

stop kicking it away all the :censored: time
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:06 pm I'm on a train straw,I'm following it though
Ah...well......so far.....

We've made some lovely dog legs for Worcs to run through and our line speed in defence is........rather poor!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

2 scrums, 2 pens and the lineout seems to be working (whisper it though!)
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Turned over 3 times in first 11 mins. Terrible.
Give blood, play rugby!!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

wardy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:15 pm Turned over 3 times in first 11 mins. Terrible.
The breakdown seems even more wild west than normal! We need to be clearing better than we are
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

wardy wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:15 pm Turned over 3 times in first 11 mins. Terrible.
Yes - BO'C, Evans, Thompson all better than Williams at 7
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

We've got to get to the breakdown earlier and seal off. Maxwell-Keys is letting their tacklers lie all over it and the counter ruck flop past the ball. A little self policing as we run into the breakdown should help.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

it'd help if they weren't allowed to have 2 tacklers fall on the wrong side and not move
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

2 things many people will have learned today:

Ed Slater, who many on here regard as an excellent captain, said that Tom Youngs, who many people on here say isn't a captain, is a great leader.

Austin Healey said that Ben Youngs and Ben White with their couple of steps before a pass, draws a defender and creates space. This helps the backline, not slows things down.