Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by strawclearer »

"We defended well, then Tatafu Polota-Nau threw a couple of crooked line-outs and Tom Hardwick misses touch on the back of a really great defensive set."

Respectfully, Geordan - People-management rule #1 - praise in public; reprimand in private.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:36 pm "We defended well, then Tatafu Polota-Nau threw a couple of crooked line-outs and Tom Hardwick misses touch on the back of a really great defensive set."

Respectfully, Geordan - People-management rule #1 - praise in public; reprimand in private.
Frustration bubbling over. I suspect there may have been more said behind closed doors. I'm sure he'll have also told Hardwick about what he did well and if you're going to play 10 at any level you need thick skin.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

People management is a fickle thing.

Personally I think the players need some putting down in some cases (some especially more than others).

Mauger was a very nice guy and he never said anything bad about the players, players led a group that kicked him out.

This isn’t his squad on the whole.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:45 pm People management is a fickle thing.

Personally I think the players need some putting down in some cases (some especially more than others).

Mauger was a very nice guy and he never said anything bad about the players, players led a group that kicked him out.

This isn’t his squad on the whole.
You know my take. 2012 failure to plan ahead, give the money for more coaches, bring in a decent backs coach, give the money for quality players...........and yes, anyone using the hotel meme again should be banished forthwith! :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Do some of the departing players think they are on gardening leave?

Ok several internationals out but a lack of effort and ambition by too many.
Professionals? Not really.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes, everyone who is going shouldn't start another game for the rest of the season.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 pm Yes, everyone who is going shouldn't start another game for the rest of the season.
It's worse than when Simpson's head went to Perpignan about two months before the rest of him.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm currently in the process of making a tribute on Mike Fitzgerald, and using some of the highlights of when he was first here has made me realise how much a one-dimensional player he has been turned into by Leicester, when he 1st arrived he was throwing offloads from contact and now he's just sticking it up the jumper to no avail.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:59 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:44 pm Yes, everyone who is going shouldn't start another game for the rest of the season.
It's worse than when Simpson's head went to Perpignan about two months before the rest of him.
You must have had a really bad weekend, BD, what with the Welsh crowing yesterday and Tigers today. Posh Richard having his pennies worth? No Remy tonight then 🤔
Give blood, play rugby!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

He's a lock that is kind of his first job TBH run into traffic.
He pulled a great pass/offload to Manu.

Fitzgerald, BOC, McCaffrey as a unit was way too lightweight incoming.

I like BOC and McCaffrey but if you had them in the back row you needed to have a Parling at lock instead of a Fitz.
Which IMO was Maugers biggest mistake and cost him his job.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes or a monster number 8.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:15 pm Yes or a monster number 8.
Trouble was McCaffrey was the 8!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Exactly! Very good player but underpowered at times, especially at 8. Him and BoC outside a beast would've worked though.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:18 pm Exactly! Very good player but underpowered at times, especially at 8. Him and BoC outside a beast would've worked though.
Which was the plan via Fonua, trouble is didn't work and the board couldn't be asked to find a replacement the following season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks I wasn't sure about the timeline of his arrival,memory is shot these days :smt005