Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

It looks as though Matt O’Connor still has a lot to blame for it seems, lack of season planning in the process then was bumped off one game into the season (Bod’s fault obviously), Murphy hasn’t been given a lot of time in retrospect and without Ford who can galvanise and pull a team together with his creativeness and with a current flyhalf who’s head is in the outback no wonder we are lacking any vision or planning. Therefore our only tactic could be to try and get penalties from the scrum and use Worth to put pressure on the back 3 (which is he is doing quite well to be honest), however Prefect’s Boys atrocious refereeing of the breakdown and our slow back row meant that White couldn’t do much with his box-kicking.

Next week we just need to play a dynamic team with Thompson, Simmons and Hardwick, enjoybthe weather (hopefully) and just play what’s in front of them.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkietiger »

Did not bother watching game on tv, weather far too nice to be inside. Anyway, clear I missed nothing, said to family I expected a loss and right I was. GM - no :censored: idea, BOD - no :censored: idea, players - no :censored: idea.

Nothing more to say.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:42 pm Some positives from today>

1. The weather was nice.
2. Did I say the weather was nice....
Some of our youngsters got some more Premiership Rugby experience.

Just like so many on here want.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Really disappointed with Murphy’s interview. Blames Hardwick which Cockeril would never have done in public. Surely someone should have told him to make sure he kicked to touch but once Young’s went off the line out was awful so Hardwick probably didn’t want a lineout anywhere near our try line.
Sorry Geordan, I have told everyone to keep faith but your coaching style and interviews are not what we want to hear!
Get a grip please and give players the confidence to play some attacking rugby by keeping hold of the ball.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 pm I don’t want to judge or be presumptuous but Toomua’s concussion is a bit coincidental.
They were strapping ice to his leg. Funny symptom of concussion.

Hardwick put some big hits in defence. I'd like to see us back him for the next few weeks until George is back. We'll need him during the RWC period so get him some more experience now.

Gigena looked good at the scrum but conceded two silky high tackle penalties.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm completely fed up this weekend. England, City and now Tigers, the only good thing a win at golf yesterday morning!

Tigers are unbelievably poor, I find it hard to fathom what has happened to us these past 3 or 4 years, where did it all go wrong and do we have the right team in place to arrest the decline and ascend to the summit again?!

I like GM, we all do, but I wish I had more confidence in him, some players are seriously letting themselves and the Club down.

It's a sad time to be a Tigers fan.

"Depressed from Market Harborough."
Soggypitch
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Somebody took their eye off the ball that's what's happened to Tigers. It sure doesn't feel like rugby is the priority.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Remember I did say the forums were saying the same thing about GM hanging his players out to dry,he won't last long! If he carries on he will lose the players,not good Geordie!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Two teams that are relegation contenders trying their best to see who could be worst. Tigers won. Sorry but this mediocre team with Murphs in charge won't be any better next year either. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'm afraid this squad is without doubt the worst squad of players that I have seen whilst following Leicester.
A player who was Murphy's class must be pulling out what hair he has left!
A complete inability to make good decisions or even execute poor one's, add this to the lack of nuts and bolts and it makes for very poor viewing.
That was one of the worst matches that I've ever seen but I'm not actually that surprised as it was from some of the poorest players that I've ever seen, limited players and a limited game.
What's more infuriating is the amount of sheer class that we have let go in recent years, hearing Slater in commentary was hard to take, you simply don't swap players like Slater for May if you wish to be competitive, you go out and buy players like May and retain players like Slater.
I'm all for keeping the accounting books in order but there has to be a certain level of ambition shown, we are paying the price for that lack of ambition in my opinion!
Lastly, on a national level the young players that are getting chances this season are being shown to be of limited ability and I'm more interested in the future of U18's, none of which should be discarded for the former in my opinion!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Hardwick I thought looked really good to be honest bar his miss for touch. Physical in defence and at least his passing tried to get some momentum going in the backs. Difficult with slow ball though. Going to be a great Tiger in the future.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:59 pm Remember I did say the forums were saying the same thing about GM hanging his players out to dry,he won't last long! If he carries on he will lose the players,not good Geordie!!!
Rugby forums are hardly the place to get valuable analysts on player and locker room phycology.

A lot of players will be off anyway.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I agree,but even they are noticing his constant blaming of players in post match interviews and doing it again today! A good coach praises his team when they win and blames himself when they lose, certainly in public anyway.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I hope Geordan will now get the players together and at least do a Cockeril. He often said, “It is my fault we lost I am the Head Coach.”
Hardwick should be taken to one side, point out that he did many good things but made one mistake with the kick.
I still believe that some of our youngsters have the talent to be very good players. Kerr today, coming on for Youngs would have been a better option as he can throw in accurately.
The players who are definitely staying should be given the chance to first of all to secure our place in the Premiership then be given more game time when the internationals are back.
Now I am over the disappointment of not closing another game out I just want to get down v Wasps and cheer from the start to the end. It’s all we fans can do.
One last thought: Geordan, forget the computer screen, get behind the posts to watch the game as a certain Chalky White often did- you might see what support and running lines aren’t being run!
That’s it, moan over. Move on.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:18 pm I agree,but even they are noticing his constant blaming of players in post match interviews and doing it again today! A good coach praises his team when they win and blames himself when they lose, certainly in public anyway.
You wouldn’t want Deano back then!