Worcester vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester vs Tigers

Post by chewbacca »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 pm Sorry everyone I forgot about match, only switched on with 7 mins remaining, just in time to see us go from winning to losing! :smt013 I can see May and Ford wanting to join the exodus as soon as they can, from what you are all saying about the the players and coaching.
What when we will have a nice hotel handy for the ground. Seems our ambition has moved on from titles to hospitality.
Last edited by chewbacca on Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TMO bugged me, intervened to switch the feed into the scrum to Worcester ball but when Thompson is incorrectly penalised he is completely silent.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:25 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:23 pm Sorry everyone I forgot about match, only switched on with 7 mins remaining, just in time to see us go from winning to losing! :smt013 I can see May and Ford wanting to join the exodus as soon as they can, from what you are all saying about the the players and coaching.
What when we will have a nice hotel handy for the ground. Seems our ambition has moved on from titles to hospitality.
Why are people so stuck on the damn Hotel?
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Can’t help but feel like Murphy was watching England and just decided to copy their tactics, and much like for them it didn’t work for us slowing the ball and then aimlessly kicking away, and then leaving quicker attacking players on the bench unused in Simmons and Aspland-Robinson, couldn’t have done any worse than White, Owen. It was also harsh on Hayes but Cole was one of our few player making a difference. I also have to wonder how poor Sarto has been in training that he’s being kept out of the team by Varnell and Olowofela!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:27 pm
Because its a distraction and its obvious we have lost focus, that's why
I'm not cynical just experienced
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Same old problem: poor kicking and no lessons learnt. I’m surprised, as it seems, Geordan is not allowing players to change a failing game plan.
From now on only play those who are staying, especially Hardwick, who will most likely be the main back up at fly half and at centre anyway.
Geordan needs to watch the Sale away game last season. I travelled fearing the worst. What happened, hardly any kicking and George Ford ran the game with heads up rugby.
The current tactics will not win matches!
Come on Geordan the faithful fans need sting actions not cheap words.
Will be at the Wasps game but fear the worst!!
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Yep, by the looks of it we are finished.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I think its the only thing that supporters can make a joke about and raise a smile, albeit ironic but we don't have a lot to smile about at 1st team level! :smt017
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:28 pm
Because its a distraction and its obvious we have lost focus, that's why
What a load of cobblers.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yes trying to develop the club finically is a distraction.

Let’s get into loads of debt.

apart from Tom and Cohen there is no crossover between the business and the team.

Although I did hear Bateman was the solicitor who handed the plans in to the council, Cole is going to be running the room service and Murphy the bar.

The only distraction it has to the rugby aspect is from fans who can’t let it go.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As people don't realise that the game is professional and think that money grows on trees.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

At least we have got Wasps next week who are as :censored poor as us.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I've an idea, why don't we sign a load of Italians?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Well at present Treviso would spank us and Zebre would be a toss-up!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Some positives from today>

1. The weather was nice.
2. Did I say the weather was nice....