Match day thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Match day thread

Post by Scott1 »

Boyd beginning to work his magic,Saints crushing SAle!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Match day thread

Post by Scott1 »

TBP by halftime!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Stunning scoreline at the Gardens
I'm not cynical just experienced
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Saints are on their way back, kills me to say it but we are still lost in the wilderness.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

sapajo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:22 pm Saints are on their way back, kills me to say it but we are still lost in the wilderness.

They're on their way back becuase they had the foresight to appoint an experienced and talented coach with a proven track record. We're just hoping that somehow Geordan becomes a top coach.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:22 pm Saints are on their way back, kills me to say it but we are still lost in the wilderness.

They're on their way back becuase they had the foresight to appoint an experienced and talented coach with a proven track record. We're just hoping that somehow Geordan becomes a top coach.

Spot on and thats just another reason why our great club has descended into the abyss at the hands of the BOD who are wringing the life out of Tigers!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes ,Boyd or Murphy? :smt005
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Boyd is not a Tigers old boy so its a no brainer to the BOD!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Got it in one. I just don't understand the logic that because he's a lovely bloke he's automatically got the bones to turn us around. Look at Gloucester, a mid table team that brought on somebody with a proven track record in Ackermann and suddenly they're where we should be.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Northampton are good but are still incredibly weak in the scrum, even with Ben Franks on. We should be able to take that area of the field to the cleaners come the impending derby and this time young Painter won’t get away with the blatant boring in that won the game last season.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:32 am

Got it in one. I just don't understand the logic that because he's a lovely bloke he's automatically got the bones to turn us around. Look at Gloucester, a mid table team that brought on somebody with a proven track record in Ackermann and suddenly they're where we should be.
Didn’t we beat Gloucester at home by 20 points?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

We beat Chiefs last season too.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Gloucester aren't much better than us. From 3rd in the table and down, the teams are all of a similar standard.

Also, if we were where Gloucester are in the table, sitting so far off the top 2, people would still not be happy.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am

Gloucester aren't much better than us. From 3rd in the table and down, the teams are all of a similar standard.

Also, if we were where Gloucester are in the table, sitting so far off the top 2, people would still not be happy.
I think most people would be more than happy if we were 3rd. I don't think anyone expects us to be above Sarries and Exeter. What they do expect is to see some progress and to be in the play-off positions, which is not unreasonable given the stature and history of the club. There isn't much between the rest but that's where coaching and recruitment become all the more critical and there's a reason Glaws are 3rd and we are 9th. It's not an accident and it's not as though the season is in its infancy.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I would be delerious if we were third! Gloc 2-2 with Chiefs this season as well,still inconsistent but in a much better place than us and I always said Ackermann was the dogs doodahs and my prophecy about RCC rugby in season one and playoffs season two looks absolutely spot on! I expect them to be challenging for title in season 3,the same way he built the Lions in SR.