Match day thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Match day thread

Post by RagingBull »

I would say Cips has a bigger impact on Gloucester than Ackermann.

Espcially looking at Glous with and without him at 10.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:40 am
ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:32 am

Got it in one. I just don't understand the logic that because he's a lovely bloke he's automatically got the bones to turn us around. Look at Gloucester, a mid table team that brought on somebody with a proven track record in Ackermann and suddenly they're where we should be.
Gloucester aren't much better than us. From 3rd in the table and down, the teams are all of a similar standard.

Also, if we were where Gloucester are in the table, sitting so far off the top 2, people would still not be happy.
I think most people would be more than happy if we were 3rd. I don't think anyone expects us to be above Sarries and Exeter. What they do expect is to see some progress and to be in the play-off positions, which is not unreasonable given the stature and history of the club. There isn't much between the rest but that's where coaching and recruitment become all the more critical and there's a reason Glaws are 3rd and we are 9th. It's not an accident and it's not as though the season is in its infancy.
So why are there so many complaints when we are only 9 points away from Quins in 3rd and more importantly only 7 points from the "amazing" Gloucester in 4th with their "world class coach"?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Because the teams above us are pants, but our loss of standard for such a famous club is simply unbearable.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:04 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am

Gloucester aren't much better than us. From 3rd in the table and down, the teams are all of a similar standard.

Also, if we were where Gloucester are in the table, sitting so far off the top 2, people would still not be happy.
I think most people would be more than happy if we were 3rd. I don't think anyone expects us to be above Sarries and Exeter. What they do expect is to see some progress and to be in the play-off positions, which is not unreasonable given the stature and history of the club. There isn't much between the rest but that's where coaching and recruitment become all the more critical and there's a reason Glaws are 3rd and we are 9th. It's not an accident and it's not as though the season is in its infancy.
So why are there so many complaints when we are only 9 points away from Quins in 3rd and more importantly only 7 points from the "amazing" Gloucester in 4th with their "world class coach"?
You've answered your own question. We're 9 points behind Quins and 7 behind Gloucester. Not an insurmountable amount but still a significant gap.

Not sure who said Gloucester are amazing. Don't recall anyone ever saying that. I think people use them as a reference point when discussing the difference a decent coach can make to a side.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:01 pm

You've answered your own question. We're 9 points behind Quins and 7 behind Gloucester. Not an insurmountable amount but still a significant gap.

Not sure who said Gloucester are amazing. Don't recall anyone ever saying that. I think people use them as a reference point when discussing the difference a decent coach can make to a side.
I think a coach needs a bit of luck and in Gloucester's case a large slice of luck so far this season has been the massive impact of Thorley.
This lad has suddenly switched on brighter than it was known possible.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

BFG wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:01 pm

I think a coach needs a bit of luck and in Gloucester's case a large slice of luck so far this season has been the massive impact of Thorley.
This lad has suddenly switched on brighter than it was known possible.
Plus having zero players on international duty must be some help
As Good As It Gets