Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by h's dad »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 am Correct. But it is not his fault no more than it is h’s dads. They just are incapable of logical thinking.
I'm so logical I've got pointy ears. One day you'll get something right. Maybe.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Louis

Post by Louis »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:44 am
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 am BFG desperately trying to resort to humour because he's lost the debate...badly! :smt023
Whatever planet you are on beam me up Scotty!
Nothing wrong with a bit of humour, there used to be a lot more of it on here but unfortunately nowadays it is nowhere near as enjoyable.
There is no right and wrong here, only opinion.
You have changed your tune on Ford dramatically since this time last year at which time you were extremely critical and much more than I have ever been, not that you're not entitled to do so but explaining the foundation of your change of opinion might be interesting especially given our league position.
If it's the difference between right and wrong you're looking for then look no further than your claim that Ghiraldini was playing in the Saracens penalty try debacle when he wasn't even in the 23, or Umaga's age difference with Hardwick from RB that is completely wrong, these are actual facts.
A sensible debate and crossover of opinions has never been easy but recently topics have become dominated to a very childish level from the same posters.
I think you've all forgotten the big issue that really undermines the team and is a profound influencer of negative results:

The tealady.* Blooming awful.

(I'm aiming for a different childish level from an infrequent poster. You're welcome)

*Sorry. Sorry. Teaperson.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Rumours doing the rounds that he's signed 3 more years with us....

Think it's on the BBC Leicestershire site
I only live there to wind up the population!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

reported by Midi Olympique (SP?)
cheers
Rich
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Various reports coming from R92 say the deals off and that MT is staying at Leicester Tigers on a 3 year deal.
1) If that is correct then why have we not heard of this from the club?
2) If correct what sweetner or cost is that to the club.?
3) Do we have to take these Chinese whispers ( possibly not pc ) with a pinch of salt?

On the upside its good for club, country and possibly for his own welfare for him to stay put. 2-3 years on and we may be having a similar debate. :smt017 :smt017
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

wellstiger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am Various reports coming from R92 say the deals off and that MT is staying at Leicester Tigers on a 3 year deal.
3) Do we have to take these Chinese whispers ( possibly not pc ) with a pinch of salt?

On the upside its good for club, country and possibly for his own welfare for him to stay put. 2-3 years on and we may be having a similar debate. :smt017 :smt017
Probably because Manu has said repeatedly that he will let his decision be known after the 6 nations is over
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

wellstiger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am Various reports coming from R92 say the deals off and that MT is staying at Leicester Tigers on a 3 year deal.

1) Because Tigers won't announce until all the contract work is done and the ink is dry. Many things can go south during contractual discussions

2) Who knows. I heard he had been offered a testamonial year

3) I will only believe it when it is formally announced by the club
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Good news if confirmed? Although I was looking forward to seeing Davies in a Tigers shirt if a deal could be done?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As someone else has already said, it's probably because Manu said he would make his decision after the Six Nations.

Tigers will announce it when they believe it's the right time to for both the club and the player, not because some impatient people don't want to wait for it to be announced.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I understand fully that the club would only announce when INK IS DRY.

I was only referring that R92 was intimating that the DEAL WAS DONE.

Sorry for being pedantic ( it must be catching) :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I worry that if Manu does stay all that leaves us with cap wise is Taufua for Toomua and a few squad players rotating, not the major changes that we desperately need.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:02 pm I worry that if Manu does stay all that leaves us with cap wise is Taufua for Toomua and a few squad players rotating, not the major changes that we desperately need.
I highly doubt that Taufua is the marquee signing. So imagine we would have some more quality incoming.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Not sure what the situation would be regarding Manu and a marquee contract. Can you renegotiate a marquee contract ?

Taufua will be a great signing but he won’t be on Marquee money more like £200k
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I hope you're right but I'm not so sure, he's got a skill set in great demand, we might have had to roll out the Brinks truck to get him onboard.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:17 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:02 pm I worry that if Manu does stay all that leaves us with cap wise is Taufua for Toomua and a few squad players rotating, not the major changes that we desperately need.
I highly doubt that Taufua is the marquee signing. So imagine we would have some more quality incoming.
I would hope that Manu is on a marquee contract, so the cost wouldn't come out of the cap
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….