Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by RagingBull »

But as you have said, it only works if Manu has re-signed.

Which currently he hasn't.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm Lood will be off to Sale most likely
Whitelock is in contract till end of next year.
Snyman Quins

I really don't see us getting a "marquee" lock.

Genge is currently one of the lower paid players, so wouldn't free up much cap either.
Are we sure Genge wants to stay at Leicester. During the Rugby Tonight programme a while ago I thougjt he intimated a desire to go back to Bristol. Couple that with the fact he was at the Bristol game during the 6 nations down weekend recently but I dont think he was seen at the Tigers match the next day and I wonder where his interest lies. Not a criticism of him, just wondering about the reality.
As Good As It Gets
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:10 pm
Snyman Quins

Genge is currently one of the lower paid players, so wouldn't free up much cap either.
Are we sure Genge wants to stay at Leicester. During the Rugby Tonight programme a while ago I thougjt he intimated a desire to go back to Bristol. Couple that with the fact he was at the Bristol game during the 6 nations down weekend recently but I dont think he was seen at the Tigers match the next day and I wonder where his interest lies. Not a criticism of him, just wondering about the reality.
From an old article after he signed for us:

"I am from Bristol. I want to be in Bristol. That is where my family are. I do miss it I but I am probably better off away from it," admitted Genge."

"As a city this is not my cup of tea to be honest but as a club, it is exactly what I need. It is a perfect fit. I have got internationals all around me and I definitely would not be where I am now if it was not for Marcos, Coley and the likes of Tom Youngs pushing me every day to get better."

Eventually he'll go back, thats plain to see.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 pm But as you have said, it only works if Manu has re-signed.

Agreed. I'm hoping that Manu will re-sign but like many am not holding my breath.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

ABClub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 pm But as you have said, it only works if Manu has re-signed.

Agreed. I'm hoping that Manu will re-sign but like many am not holding my breath.
I'm confident he will. In fact, I'm confident he already has.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

cheltexile wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:14 pm
Scuttle wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:10 pm
Snyman Quins

From an old article after he signed for us:

"I am from Bristol. I want to be in Bristol. That is where my family are. I do miss it I but I am probably better off away from it," admitted Genge."

"As a city this is not my cup of tea to be honest but as a club, it is exactly what I need. It is a perfect fit. I have got internationals all around me and I definitely would not be where I am now if it was not for Marcos, Coley and the likes of Tom Youngs pushing me every day to get better."

Eventually he'll go back, thats plain to see.
He'll be back in a Briss shirt sooner than later IMO
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Ellis needs to think very carefully before going back to Bristol. He moved up here because he had fallen in with a bad bunch and was advised for the sake of his rugby to move away, which let’s be honest has paid huge dividends for him.
He quotes Ayerza, Boris and Coley as has big settling influences on him. The other week on the telly while they were waiting to come out of the changing rooms Coley could be heard yelling at him to get his a**e in gear, so again this has worked well for him.
He posted some pictures of his mates with him after the Italy match, and they looked an interesting bunch.

He will no doubt become the subject of a bidding war when his contract is up for renewal. Some other clubs will no doubt be chucking silly sums at him, but his advisors need to point in in the right direction. If he moves on Quins for instance, with more than their fair share of hot heads, for me would be the wrong choice. Exeter seems to be a environment where he would continue to thrive.
Supporters will say we should do everything to keep him. But the club need to look at the bigger picture. Gigenia(spelling) is progressing well Bateman will still be around and we have a number of loose heads coming through the system. For whatever reason loosehead props seem to develop quicker and are cheaper than tight heads.
I’ve no doubt in 12 months time we will be debating about whether he is leaving, and if he is why have we let him go, but it is a complex situation
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... rance.html

Mixed reports, some saying he has signed a 3 year deal, others 2 year deal.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The mail is right in this case from what I gather.
Although it might be an option on it.

Makes sense 2 years the lions will be touring.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:02 pm The mail is right in this case from what I gather.
Although it might be an option on it.

Makes sense 2 years the lions will be touring.
Still then only 29 with a potentially lucrative French move still available to him, if his fitness continues.

He’ll then have enough money to set up his own chain of Barista
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I am delighted with this, we get him until he is almost 30 and then he can go and get his payday in France

Thank god he got fit to play for England as that is surely what kept him...

Tuilagi and Taufua in the same team is worth a season ticket alone :smt023
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Just had official club notification through
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Club confirms he’s re-signed
Last edited by Knightonian on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knightonian

We love Manu - discuss

Post by Knightonian »

So Manu has shown club and country over money

A true legend
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Official Text just received, he has re-signed.