Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by RagingBull »

That would be the transfer fee. (Think it would be a rugby record as well).

The wage would be what Tuisova could negotiate.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Talking of Toulon, I would take a punt on Suvea. He hasn’t become a bad player over night
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:31 pm Talking of Toulon, I would take a punt on Suvea. He hasn’t become a bad player over night
No it's taken him about 2 years.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Haha RB,yes he literally fell off a cliff form wise some time ago,no thanks!!!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:34 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:31 pm Talking of Toulon, I would take a punt on Suvea. He hasn’t become a bad player over night
No it's taken him about 2 years.
Hear what you’re saying but why. First the All Blacks then the Hurricanes now Toulon.
You don’t have that sort of test match try scoring record by luck
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm Being more than a little old fashioned This "run away to the highest bidder" disappoints me. It is not unexpected however.
What price loyalty? Just another old fashioned value killed in a modern game.
Says the Tigers supporter in Abergavenny. You must betraying somebody Big Dai.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm

A few hundred grand a year doesn't pay the bills?

Yes. It really does.
At the moment it does but that isn’t going to last forever. My point is he needs to make his money now as not sure what he’s going to do after
He could get a job?
Assuming he's not putting 80%+ away for retirement, what do you suggest that would maintain his accustomed lifestyle?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

It's professional sport, I genuinely don't understand what there is to get upset about. Sometimes we use money and reputation to take players from smaller teams (Genge, Spencer, Aspland-Robinson to name a few recent examples), and sometimes somebody with bigger boots takes our players. You adapt and overcome not sit around moaning like loyalty is a one way street that ends at the doors of Welford Road.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Really tough decisions for Manu to make.

That's all.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The only thing that will keep him here is England, that’s it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

h's dad wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:06 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 pm

At the moment it does but that isn’t going to last forever. My point is he needs to make his money now as not sure what he’s going to do after
He could get a job?
Assuming he's not putting 80%+ away for retirement, what do you suggest that would maintain his accustomed lifestyle?
There probably isn't a job that he could do that will pay as generously as he is currently paid.

I didn't realise that once one career is over, the next one must pay as well as the other one.

People want things too easily! He's very lucky to be paid what he currently is. This will come to an end one day. What's wrong with doing a career which won't pay as well?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm

He could get a job?
There probably isn't a job that he could do that will pay as generously as he is currently paid.

I didn't realise that once one career is over, the next one must pay as well as the other one.

People want things too easily! He's very lucky to be paid what he currently is. This will come to an end one day. What's wrong with doing a career which won't pay as well?
Exactly why he must try and banks as much as possible now.

If you're happy to enter a downward spiral of relative poverty from the age of 30 for the rest of your life that is up to you. I may be wrong but I would think most of us have greater aspirations.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

h's dad wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:11 pm
ellis9 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Exactly why he must try and banks as much as possible now.

If you're happy to enter a downward spiral of relative poverty from the age of 30 for the rest of your life that is up to you. I may be wrong but I would think most of us have greater aspirations.
See my earlier post about happiness over money.

My aspirations are to enjoy my job and life. If that means my £19k a year job is a downward spiral to poverty then so be it.

I cannot say what else I want to say as it keeps getting removed. Strangely, your comment hasn't been removed.

One rule for one.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

O.K.
Its either a ploy to get a bargaining position at the table, or he really wants a change.
We've managed without him whilst injured and International duties. I do not see him leaving for pastures new as a burden.
An opportunity awaits and not to be reliant on one single player.( However highly profiled and respected he may be.)

He still pops out of the line in defensive mode and creates a dog leg in defence. Something which he has never adapted in his game.
Yes he is a line breaker and looks impressive when used correctly. But no man is an Island....
If he wants to go then let him and thank him for his service, but do not pay a gross wage that could be spent on a developing player to fill his shoes.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

What's frustrating is that this, at least on face value, appears to be ongoing.

We should have sat him down, prior to the six nations (and preferably January) and given him our final offer and asked him to make a decision. We could then have potentially been in the market for Elliot Daly, as an example, and have obtained a top replacement for him. The longer it drags on for, the less likely it is we will be able to replace him with a like for like.

Hopefully though, it has all been decided, and we are looking at other players. Just not Te'o please.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100