Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Manu to Racing 92? No! - Re-signed for Tigers!!!

Post by G.K »

Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to Racing 92?

Post by Mark62 »

Already being discussed on transfer contracts threads.

Seems like it has legs not till after the World Cup though
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

G.K wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm Just seen this, any mileage in it?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/report-e ... rs-ramp-up
Excellent agent ploy?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,why would England let him do that while on duty?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Negotiations are ongoing from what I've heard. Manu's continued fitness and return to form has caused a difference in perceived value between club and player. I'm sure other clubs will be sniffing around and I'm sure Freddie will be making sure those rumours are putting pressure on Tigers and I'm sure Simon Cohen will be negotiating hard and talking up Tigers loyalty etc etc.

I think all parties want Manu to remain at Tigers and I hope that's what we see.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Ha ha, you dont know Fred...

Money is his true love, and Manu can supply that... Quite a wedge, methinks.

Time to start looking elsewhere.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Freddie will chase the cash as he has done before but Manu really likes living in Leicestershire and knows he will get looked after at Tigers which will prolong both his Tigers and international career.
Freddie too should bear in mind how Tigers have enabled him to earn mega bucks as an agent to a couple our players.
I want him to stay but not at any cost and to be honest I feel he really does owe Tigers, and particularly Murphy, a bit of payback!
I don’t like the way agents tout players around but it is the way of things today.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Look at what has happened to Rob Horne, Matt Hampson, and the tragedies that have occurred in France recently.

Manu doesn't owe Tigers anything. He deserves to earn as much money as possible in the short career that he will have playing an increasingly dangerous sport. No one should be bitter when any player decides to leave for whatever reason, life's too short!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 pm Freddie will chase the cash as he has done before but Manu really likes living in Leicestershire and knows he will get looked after at Tigers which will prolong both his Tigers and international career.
Freddie too should bear in mind how Tigers have enabled him to earn mega bucks as an agent to a couple our players.
I want him to stay but not at any cost and to be honest I feel he really does owe Tigers, and particularly Murphy, a bit of payback!
I don’t like the way agents tout players around but it is the way of things today.
Freddie's Manu's agent it is literally his job to get Manu the best offers possible. If he needs to tout him around a little in order to get a deal they think is acceptable then that is all just part of the job.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 am
Ian Cant wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 pm Freddie will chase the cash as he has done before but Manu really likes living in Leicestershire and knows he will get looked after at Tigers which will prolong both his Tigers and international career.
Freddie's Manu's agent it is literally his job to get Manu the best offers possible. If he needs to tout him around a little in order to get a deal they think is acceptable then that is all just part of the job.
I disagree. The job of an agent should be to do what's best for the players career. Of course money plays a part but the agent should weigh up all options and discuss them with the player to help the player make a decision.

For example:

Reasons to stay at Tigers-
Love the club
Love the area
Family are settled here
Can still play for England
Getting paid a very good amount of money

Reasons to join another Premiership club-
Don't need to move family abroad
Don't need to move house at all (if Wasps)
Can still play for England
Will be paid a very good amount of money

Reasons to join Racing or another French team
Paid an extremely huge amount of money
Slightly warmer climate if Racing. An even warmer climate if south France.
Complete change of atmosphere, style etc.

What's the most important things for Manu?-
Family and their happiness
Rugby enjoyment
Playing for England

Of course, all of the above are examples but this should be the sort of conversation any players agent should have. I've only put the pros in each section but of course you'd look at the cons too, weigh them up and combine them with what's most important to the player. You usually find that by doing this, the answer is staring you right in the face.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I think he does owe us,ok he can't help being the injured but he has been very well looked after while hardly playing and if the rumours are correct about Sarries we gave him another contract while not even fit which was a huge gamble on our part!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Manu is ver heavily guided by Freddie and will do as he advises.
Freddie is driven by the £ and will get as much for Manu as he can, look at the Logo situation, was it the best playing move to move to Newcastle, debatable, but there was an extra £50k on the table.
In a recent Instagram Q & A with Lenny, something he said made me thing that he doesn’t live with his girlfriend and daughter, I could well be wrong, so maybe the ties aren’t as strong as thought, and anyway you can be in the centre of Paris by train in not much more than 4 hours by train these days.

The thinking could be that he can go and earn big money in Paris after the World Cup, spend 3 years there and then come back to Leicester before the 2023 cup when he will only be 30.
No different to what Ashton has done.

Does he owe us anything, NO he is a professional sportsman who always plays for the shirt no matter what that shirt is
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

But didn't we give him a huge contract while crocked Mark? My memories not very good these days haha,if we did it changes things completely imo!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:50 am But didn't we give him a huge contract while crocked Mark? My memories not very good these days haha,if we did it changes things completely imo!
If a new contract was given to him whilst crocked, then cant see that Manu has anything to owe.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So you give a chance to a crocked player but he doesn't owe you anything??? Don't get your train if thought at all