Sarries next week

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries next week

Post by ourla »

LE18 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:52 pm Just look at their replacement backs, they would probably be starters for us!
Agreed!

Although to counterbalance slightly, I fancy our bench forwards a lot more than theirs.

Just doubt it will be enough counterbalance!
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Yes , I do watch Eastmond and sadly made the trip to Bristol to see him sent off . Lacks the technique to tackle properly and his defence has been a problem at every Club he has played for.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Doomed ah tell ye! Doomed!

How can you afford a second (Third?) String as good as that?

If the cap fits chuck it in the bin!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 pm Doomed ah tell ye! Doomed!

How can you afford a second (Third?) String as good as that?

If the cap fits chuck it in the bin!
Amazing how it's done within the salary Cap .... we need some lessons from them on business
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm This could get messy.
Depends who Calum Clark attacks next.
Very true.....if only Julian or Deano was playing for us...Dean Ryan or Danny Grewcock might of had a word as well.

Can think of certain NZ players of not too far vintage might of said hello....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:00 pm
jgriffin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:59 pm This could get messy.
Depends who Calum Clark attacks next.
Very true.....if only Julian or Deano was playing for us...Dean Ryan or Danny Grewcock might of had a word as well.

Can think of certain NZ players of not too far vintage might of said hello....
I seem to recall Mr Corry and Mr Johnson getting in bother for the odd spot of fisticuffs at Sarries.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Sadly those days are gone Big Dai.....

For me rugby is not quite the same without the odd punch up. I don't mean the gratuitous stuff, but the odd brawl amongst the packs was entertaining! It is positively encouraged in ice hockey!

An infamous occasion v Sarries was of course Johno's pummelling of Duncan McRrae, that pain in the you know what Ausssie.
But that if I remember was retaliation for what he did to Ronan O'Gara when playing for the Lions in a provincial match, completely thuggish by DM and not forgotten or forgiven obviously!!!
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I have a strange feeling that we are actually going to sneak a win.

I'm not sure why, it's just a gut feeling.

Also, how many times have we seen one of the top two lose a match and then on the same weekend, the other top 2 team loses? It's happened on quite a few times I believe.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:54 am Sadly those days are gone Big Dai.....

For me rugby is not quite the same without the odd punch up. I don't mean the gratuitous stuff, but the odd brawl amongst the packs was entertaining! It is positively encouraged in ice hockey!

An infamous occasion v Sarries was of course Johno's pummelling of Duncan McRrae, that pain in the you know what Ausssie.
But that if I remember was retaliation for what he did to Ronan O'Gara when playing for the Lions in a provincial match, completely thuggish by DM and not forgotten or forgiven obviously!!!
In some ways it was better when things were solved with a little retribution. I too would like to see if Calum Clark’s though process may have been different had he played 10-15 years earlier. Still can’t believe he’s still allowed to make a living out of the game.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:59 am
Soggypitch wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:54 am Sadly those days are gone Big Dai.....

In some ways it was better when things were solved with a little retribution. I too would like to see if Calum Clark’s though process may have been different had he played 10-15 years earlier. Still can’t believe he’s still allowed to make a living out of the game.
There is a difference between hard players & thugs. Clark is a thug, Deano et al were hard, they punched you not the snide, sneaky stuff & they took a few back.
Clark would of been"sorted" in years gone by & not just by Tigers players. Similarly now some of the cheating that goes on wouldn't be allowed...holding someone in the ruck or off the ball, you copped one back, in the present climate it no longer washes but it made the refs job easier as it was self policed & it ended on the final whistle.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:12 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:59 am

There is a difference between hard players & thugs. Clark is a thug, Deano et al were hard, they punched you not the snide, sneaky stuff & they took a few back.
Clark would of been"sorted" in years gone by & not just by Tigers players. Similarly now some of the cheating that goes on wouldn't be allowed...holding someone in the ruck or off the ball, you copped one back, in the present climate it no longer washes but it made the refs job easier as it was self policed & it ended on the final whistle.
Neil Backs 6 inch rabbit punch became legendary
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Mark you watched any SR yet? I've only managed to catch the second and third match today.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

The first 7 mins has been one way traffic. I hope this changes or it’s going to be horrible
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Theres a match thread if anyone's interested. How the hell are we winning? Blow the whistle ref haha
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Dan Cole missed tackle again on the kick chase!